Using a SpringCard smart reader (/RDR, RFID Scanner, FunkyGate…) or a custom reader designed by SpringCard? During a field intervention, ever been puzzled to determine which actual firmware has been installed here and there, whether this very device needs a firmware upgrade or not? Thanks to SpringField Colorado, getting all the device’s informations is now as easy as swiping your Android smartphone over the reader!
SpringField Colorado shows:
- The actual Vendor Name, Product Name and Firmware ID
- The Firmware Version and complete Revision ID
- The product’s Serial Number (MAC Address for network devices)
- The active Communication Interface and Communication Mode
- For network-based devices, the IP Address and the Info/Location string.
This application works only with on NFC-enabled Android smartphones which do support HCE (host card emulation).
- SpringCard Prox’N’Roll HSP RFID Scanner (version >= 1.69)
- SpringCard FunkyGate NFC (version >= 1.69), either -DW, -IP or -IP+POE
- Socket Mobile DuraScan D600
- Every product in the SpringCard /RDR family (version >= 1.69)
- And all custom devices based on the SpringCard IWM2 Library version >= 1.69.
(Not working? Check current firmware version, and be aware that the Colorado feature could be have been disabled in the reader’s configuration).