Idle Daddy lets you easily unlock your Steam™ Trading Cards using your mobile device. It works by simulating playing the games in your Steam™ library that have trading cards available and waiting for the cards to drop.Features
- Automatically farm your Steam™ trading cards.
- Idle your games to boost hours
- "Offline" farming mode (your friends can't see you farming)
- Activate game keys
- Activate free games via appid or subid
Idle Daddy is free software released under the GPLv3 license
Idle Daddy is made possible thanks to SteamKit and the JavaSteam port by Longi94:
Idle Daddy Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/idledaddyFAQQ: Can I get VAC banned for using Idle Daddy?
A: To my knowledge, Idle Daddy doesn't do anything that would trigger a VAC ban. It doesn't connect to any VAC servers or modify your games to cheat. However, I would still recommend stopping Idle Daddy completely before playing VAC games on your PC.Q: Will my Steam™ account get banned?
A: I think it's very unlikely. Similar programs have existed on PC for years and so far nobody has been banned for using them.Q: Am I able to play Steam games on my PC while Idle Daddy is running?
A: Idle Daddy will get disconnected from the Steam network if you play a games your PC while Idling. Just to be safe I'd recommend stopping Idle Daddy completely before playing games on your PC.Q: How does the farming algorithm work/Why is Idle Daddy only farming one game at a time?
A: The issue with farming all of your games at the same time is that you don't really get trading cards while idling multiple games. Steam reduces the drop rate to pretty much 0. For this reason, it's only useful for getting your games "ready" (i.e. getting their playtime high enough for them to begin dropping cards) before farming them one at a time.
The farming algorithm works like this:
1. First Idle Daddy will farm games (one at a time) that have at least HoursUntilCardDrops
(3 hours by default, but can be changed in the settings) hours of playtime.
2. If it can't find any, Idle Daddy will idle multiple games (up to 32 which is the max Steam supports at the same time) until they reach HoursUntilCardDrops
3. Repeat 1 and 2 until all trading cards are farmedQ: Why does Idle Daddy say I have 0 games left to farm?
A: First thing you should do is check
whether your account actually has cards remaining. If all you see on that page is "No card drops remaining," then there is nothing for Idle Daddy to farm.
Next you should check if your account has Family View
enabled. If Family View is enabled, a parental PIN is required to unlock your account. You can enter this PIN in the Idle Daddy settings.Q: Why doesn't login happen through the Steam™ website?
A: Idle Daddy works the same as the official Steam™ client, which doesn't login through the website either (you just enter your account credentials into a dialog). The reason for this is that we are logging into the Steam Network, not the website. The website doesn't provide access to all the features that Idle Daddy needs (namely, playing games through your account).Q: Why aren't free-to-play games like DOTA2 or TF2 appearing in my library?
A: For free-to-play games to appear in your Steam™ library, the following must be true:
1. "Include Free Played Games" must be enabled in Idle Daddy's settings (should be enabled by default)
2. Your account must have >0 hrs of playtime in these gamesNote: Due to the way that Idle Daddy works, it requires your Steam™ username and password to function. This information is only sent to the official Steam™ servers.