« A Mechanic In Your Pocket »
We have all done the same observation when we take our vehicle to a garage : the mechanic diagnoses possible breakdowns using a dedicated diagnostic tool. This simple diagnostic is billed around 50 dollars, in addition of potential repairs which it is difficult to evaluate the real cost and the necessity.
However, sometimes a simple reset of the on-board computer can solve many "electronic problems", a feature available in the « CarDiag » application.
Equipped with an OBD2 bluetooth device (available for less than 15 dollars), the « CarDiag » mobile app allows you to diagnose your vehicle and quickly list all problems in simple and easy-to-understand terms, allowing you to avoid unpleasant surprises. It also allows to turn off the engine light.
The « CarDiag » application is compatible with all vehicles manufactured or imported from a certain date :
- In the United States since 1996
- In Europe
- Gasoline since January 2001
- Diesel since January 2003
- LPG since January 2001
Features of « CarDiag » :
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot your Car Quickly : Equipped with an OBD2 bluetooth device, CarDiag provides a complete list of your car problems in simple and easy-to-understand terms.
- Before a Road Trip : A check-up of your car (fluids levels, temperatures, pressure …) before going on vacation to limit any risk of breakdown or incident on the road.
- List of OBD2 fault codes : A fault code (DTC - Data Trouble Code) is a code corresponding to a problem detected on your car. CarDiag allows you to list all the standard fault codes, their descriptions and the possible causes of the problem.
- List of basic car repairs : Basic car repairs everyone should know.
>> The premium version include following features :
- Clear the fault codes present in the Engine Control Unit (ECU) memory.
- Reset the Check Engine Light (MIL) : The check engine light comes on to indicate a malfunction in the engine or the pollution control system. CarDiag allows you to reset this malfunction indicator lamp.
PS : CarDiag requires an OBD2 bluetooth device. You can buy it here :