Writer's philosophy is Keep It Simple. Writer tries to be as basic as possible, giving you somewhere to turn your thoughts into text, markdown support, and some statistics. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Note: Files are currently stored stored in sdcard://Writer/. Future versions of Writer will allow you to select a custom directory, share documents through email, and synchronize your documents using Dropbox and Box.net
Write for Android stores all your writings safely and remembers the last position you stopped writing. You can just start over where you left off when opening the app next time.
It does not come with any kind of cloud backup, text lay-outing or other fancy stuff. Just plain text editing.
Do you like Write for Android but want an online solution? Check out my new app Write for Dropbox here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leihwelt.android.write2
Use the built in copy&paste functions of Android Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich to make the most use out of Write for Android! You can select text passages, cut, copy and paste.
See it on a real device using fullscreen mode:
This is similar to "Pop for iOS" and comparable text editors that take on ZEN writing on your mobile phone.
The NowPad lets you take notes on top of any opened app and runs quietly in the background when not in use.
Write Now features three different types of notes: text, checklist, and voice; and with more to come, Write Now will be your one-stop note app!
Make accessing your notes even easier by pinning them to your notification bar or adding a home-screen widget.
Secure your notes by setting a password and Write Now will automatically encrypt your note based on your unique password.
★ FEATURES ★
- Take notes without leaving your current app
- Three types of notes: text, checklist, and voice
- Organize your notes in easy-to-use folders
- Pin notes to your notification bar
- Create home-screen widgets
- Lock and encrypt notes with a password
- Easy sharing and exporting features
- Runs in the background quietly without draining battery or processing power
★ USES ★
You can takes while you're...
- taking a call.
- reading an article.
- checking your email.
- browsing the Internet.
- playing a game.
- looking up directions.
- watching a video.
- taking a picture.
- listening to music.
- doing anything!
More information at http://www.aerodroid.com/apps/write_now.php
JotterPad X gives you the creative space for your ideas to flow. We push the boundary of our design to create a comfortable yet inspiring platform to write on. The result, an exquisite experience which simply cannot be achieved with word processor and note-taking tool.
JotterPad X has one of the best tools for writing in Android. The app incorporates essential features such as undo, redo, night mode, finding phrase, versions. Other features which are newly introduced include: pop up research (dictionary/thesaurus), auto-save, text styling and Markdown. JotterPad X also has full Dropbox integration.
JotterPad X is now available in smartphone, 7 inch tablet and 10 inch tablet optimized for Android Kitkat.
Disclaimer: JotterPad X has paid features. Please look at the #In App Purchase carefully before downloading. JotterPad X only runs well on newer devices (e.g. Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Galaxy S4, S5). It does not support older devices like Galaxy Star, Galaxy Chat.
✓Full featured distraction-free plain text editor
Undo & Redo, Phrase finding, Night Mode#, Live word count and Markdown preview (.md)#.
Also include auto hiding actionbar and locking screen# for viewing pleasure.
✓Access Dropbox and local text files (.txt, .md, .fountain)
Built in file manager system to access local documents.
Full Dropbox Integration, access anywhere on the go even while offline. (No syncing required)
Auto save document and retrieve previous versions instantly.
✓Typeface and style customisation
Better writing experience by adjusting text fonts, margin, line spacing and text alignment.
✓Share and export
Share document as plain text, text file, HTML, RTF or export it as PDF#.
✓Extended keyboard bar
Adds a bar to the top of your normal keyboard for additional buttons and some frequently used markdown syntax.
Compatible with physical and Bluetooth keyboard including shortcut keys. (E.g. ctrl + Z for undo)
Right-to-left (RTL) supported on Android 4.2 or above.
✓Popup Dictionary and Thesaurus# at your fingertips
Save your time to switch between apps in order to look up a word in dictionary or thesaurus.
✓Premium features (Creative In App Purchase)
Unlocked features include Thesaurus, Night Mode. Lock Screen, Remove PDF watermark, Retrieve Versions, Markdown Preview and Lots of joy.
For more information,
# Only on Creative Version
* Useful for NaNoWriMo
All your files are saved in the directory of "/sdcard/PowerWriter"
Title and text styles
More features in the future
. . .
write writer richtext richedit note notes memo notepad word processor
Or using cordial handwriting to say hello to your friends?
Try this app :-)
PS. Free Version = Ad supported.
- Cross-platform : iOS Support（https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genial-writing/id789633898）
- Dropbox Sync, Backup/Restore
- Export to JPG & PDF
- Note Preview Mode : Page, First 3-Line
- Sharing memo with friends via email, messaging app and facebook.
- Copy/Paste between notes in the application. System Clipboard - text only.
- Widget 4x1,4x2(Paid Version Only) 4x3,4x4(All Version)
2 permissions for app:
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Save file in SD Card.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Get DeviceID(IMEI) for reg-code
2 permissions for Advertisement:
Google Plus: http://plus.google.com/b/115342170929639150571/
PenSupremacy is the best handwriting app for android tablets. It is based on the best selling iPad app penultimate.(It is however not from the same developer and has no connection to penultimate). It feels just like taking handwritten notes on real paper. Take notes, save sketches and share your ideas with PenSupremacy.
1. SIMPLICITY : The user interface has been designed to keep it simple and intuitive to give you fast access to all the essential tools.
2. POWER : PenSupremacy gives you the power to enhance your productivity. You can easily convert your notes to PDF and email them or share them with other apps like Evernote. You can share your sketches easily with Facbook, Picasa, PicSay etc. Update: Import pictures from gallery, and use voice recognition ( Siri in iPhone slang) to take dictation.
3. STYLE : You get the coolest UI that looks second to a real notebook. You can change page design on the fly. Change the pen color by picking it from a cool color wheel.
Works on Honeycomb tablets such as galaxy tab and motorola xoom.
Please post your pictures and videos at the new google plus page:
Zoho Writer is a powerful rich-text editor for Android devices. This App allows you to create impressive documents seamlessly with its intuitive user interface and rich set of features. You can either save these documents in local device in MS Word format or push it to cloud devices like Zoho Docs, Google Drive and Dropbox. This app also allows you to open MS Word documents in your device.
User can easily access and edit documents from Cloud Services like Zoho Docs, Google Drive and Dropbox.
What Zoho Writer App provides for users
Rich Text Editing features
Ø Supports formatting of text which includes Font type, Font size, Bold, Italic and Underline, Fore color and Background color.
Ø Create hyperlink, comments for text and bookmarks.
Ø Additional features like paragraph spacing and word count
Ø Insert images from Camera and Gallery
Ø Create lists with various header signs/numbers to fit your choice
Ø Cut/Copy and Paste operation
Ø Unlimited Undo/Redo operation
Ø Create Table with built-in Stylish table theme
ØUse this App anywhere, even offline to create documents
Ø Easy to move documents around different services using drag and drop feature
Ø Free Handwritten drawing or diagram that can be inserted into your document
Ø Convert Text to Speech and Speech to Text
Ø Zoom in and out of document content
Ø Supports viewing list of documents either in list or grid view
Ø Supports sending of document via email from dashboard
Ø Supports pushing of document to Cloud Storages like Zoho Docs, Google Drive and Dropbox
Ø Supports saving of documents in different formats like doc,docx,rtf,odt,txt,html and pdf
Ø Supports Google Cloud Print
MyScript® Stylus™ Beta is an interactive handwriting recognition application that allows real-time text input on touch-screen devices designed for fingertip/stylus use such as mobile internet tablets or smartphones.
Help refine and polish MyScript® Stylus™ Beta before we officially release it.
Designed for all types of touch-screens (capacitive, multi-touch, …), MyScript® Stylus™ Beta is an alternative to onscreen and physical keyboard in any application requiring text entry such as SMS, MMS, email, text editor, calendar, task manager, web browser, directory, etc.
MyScript® Stylus™ Beta key features
• The handwritten input is converted into digital text in real time in the active application.
• Editing capabilities:
MyScript® Stylus™ Beta recognizes intuitive gestures to:
Insert line breaks
Delete characters, words or sentences
You can also overwrite a character to change it
Recognizes common Asian emoticons
• Horizontal scrolling:
To help users write long words and phrases, the writing area scrolls over progressively.
• Display mode:
MyScript® display orientation can be switched on the fly from portrait to landscape by simply rotating the handset.
• For each word, a list of alternative results appears in case the recognized word is not the expected one.
Found a bug? Report it at http://myscriptsupport.visionobjects.com/
MyScript Stylus BETA doesn't collect any of your data (Credit cards or any other information). We only convert your writing to digital text. An operating system message will warning you about "Any input method can still your information", this is an automatic message that Android displays for all downloaded text input applications (Keyboards, etc.).
Available language packs
Languages available for the User Interface include: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.
MyScript® Stylus™ Beta recognizes natural handwriting in 54 languages. It also supports cursive English recognition when combined with Asian languages (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean).
54 handwriting recognition languages:
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional (Hong Kong)
- Chinese Traditional (Taiwan)
- English (Canada)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Serbian (Cyrillic)
- Serbian (Latin)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
WHO USES HANDRITE NOTE?
People who have a need to capture thoughts and ideas quickly, clearly and accurately.
HOW HANDRITE NOTE WORKS
Write in the spacious "zoomed area" and watch your words appear in the body of your page. Handrite note does not try to “recognize” your handwriting. Instead, it simply captures your strokes exactly as you drew them. This avoids the tedious task of having to “train” the app to read your handwriting as well as the interpretation errors that still occur. It also means that you can sketch symbols, numbers, pictures, mathematical equations, etc in your notes.
Support us, buy Handrite note PRO
* Unlimited notebooks
* export your note as PDF
* Continuous writing, so you can write as fast as with pen and paper.
* More paper style options for your note page.
Copy & Paste text and pictures (even from other apps)
Freely edit and format your handwritten page with spaces, carriage returns and backspace delete of entries
Organize notes by notebook, date, label and title
Desktop widget for instant access and for use as sticky note
Instantly switch between handwriting and the software keyboard whenever necessary
Make your notes and memos beautiful with professionally designed paper styles
Customizable pen styles, including a unique variable thickness line setting, makes your writing look as beautiful as from a fine fountain pen
Insert images in the body of your note page
Reliable auto-save so you never lose your note
Help us translate
We'd appreciate if you would like to translate Handrite Note into your language. Here is the translating project you can start with: http://crowdin.net/project/handrite
notes, notepad, notebook, note, journal, diary, PDF, tab, tablet, memo, post it, sticky, write, editor, pad
Paper type can be selected easily to let you work with the paper matching your needs (music paper, old papers, page with lines, etc.).
You can easily write your notes using direct handwriting for perfect control of your schema, figures and even your notes. Once completed, you can share your notes by sending them using email or multimedia message.
NOTE: This application has been created for Android Tablet such as the Galaxy Tab. From version 1.1, it should work on all Android phone and it should resize to full screen.
TabNotes provides you tons of amazing features:
- Use your tablet as the most flexible notebook
- Unlimited number of notebooks with unlimited pages
- User friendly zoom and pan to navigate your sketching
- An exclusive innovative handwriting mode to ease your input
- Use finger or more precise capacitive stylus
- Choose the look and feel of your notepad
- Choose the paper to be used for your needs (music, agenda, classic notepad, blackboard, shopping list, post-it, etc.)
- Use different colors to give more life to your writings
- Automatic stroke width selection
- An eraser to let you correct any type
- An unlimited lifetime Undo tool
- Easily share your writing and sketching sending them by email or messages
TabNotes intends to bring the best of top-rated handwriting IPad applications (Notes Plus, Penultimate and Notes Taker HD) to your android tablet.
You can curl the page like in a regular notepad, and then it will save the current note and open a new one. You can share notes via email, bluetooth or even via facebook.
NoteMaster support both handsets and tablets. If you running this on your phone, you can use it to take any kind of notes, shopping list or quickly write down phone numbers.
For tablets, there is much more space. You can even take your college notes with NotesMaster and draw figures with your finger.
It has a very nice interface and it's very handy to use. Try it and have fun..
-Nice graphics and interface
-curl the page to save
-type and draw
-supports handsets and devices in full screen
-auto saves on exit
HOW TO USE NOTEMASTER
In the notes list, press and hold a note item, it will pop up a delete menu.
The notepad interface is not difficult. There are three icons at the top which allows you to switch between pencil, eraser and type mode. Also you can delete the current note by tapping on the 'delete' icon.
You can press menu button to save the current note and go to a new one, or just press the back button, it will automatically save the note when you exit. Also there is a curled corner at the bottom. You can curl the page from your finger by drawing a gesture at the bottom area.
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA firstname.lastname@example.org
if you post your problems, comments here; I have no way to replay
FreeNote is the most convenient note app for android.
1, Unique hybrid model for combined handwriting and keyboard.
2, Text,paint,voice,photo,video...Note everything.
3, Calender,alarm,todo...Getting things done.
The smarter, faster, easier way to Note!
Please feel free to contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
It is the Evaluation Edition, all functions are available but the "Nag-ware" will appear every ten days. You can input the evaluation code "tqeoixbu" to remove it.
There is a purchasable version(FreeNote+) on the market. FreeNote+ will not support android 1.5. Import your data into FreeNote+ using Backup/Restore function. NOTE: FreeNote+ has the same functionality as FreeNote(the free version).
feature： FreeNote note everything handwriting handwritten Note taking
Recommend to work with：Facebook twitter gmail evernote catch notes noteeverything gallery
Usage: stay organized remember research GTD diary memo whiteboard schedule agenda draft plan meeting TODO list finance class paper sketch
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It's easy. You just have to press "start" and the app gives you the first prompt to start writing your story. Choose the one that you most like and fire up your writing. Then, every minute (or the time you choose in the app settings) the app will give you a new prompt for you to add new ideas, words, characters, sentences, places or actions to the plot. Quite a challenge to turn your writing into a game!
THIS APP IS GOING TO MAKE YOU...
• Improve your writing. The best way to learn how to write is writing, and you're going to write a lot.
• Write everywhere. You will make the most of the time by sparking your creativity.
• Inspired. Forget about creative blocks and carry always the muses with you.
• Get fun. Because writing must be funny and when we enjoy, everything gets easier.
• Motivated. With this app, writing is like a game and you will want to write daily.
WRITING TIPS TO USE THIS APP:
• Relax. Let yourself go and don't fix the text as you write. You will have time to check it out later.
• Find your own rhythm. The time between the story steps is 1 minute, but you can change it and adjust it to your style of writing.
• Try out. If you don't like the first prompt, don't worry. Try different options to trigger the spark.
• Don't censor yourself. Write the first thing that comes to your head, no matter what. Free your creativity.
• Persevere. Write every day. Writing is like any other discipline: it takes practice, practice and more practice.
• Share. Use the app to create a longer story and share it in the NaNoWriMo writing marathon.
• Have fun. Use the app exercises as a game. This way your writing will flow easily and the result will be better.
• Enjoy your ideas in company. You can also use the app with your friends and create great stories together step by step.
Improvise and experience free writing is now funnier than ever. Great for all kind of writers, young and old. You will never fear the blank page again. Express your creativity and have fun.
Papyrus allows you to take handwritten notes on your Android device using either an active pen (e.g. Samsung S Pen), passive stylus, or your finger. The vector graphics engine keeps your notes beautiful at any zoom level and on any device, while the simple and intuitive user interface allows you to take notes quickly and efficiently!
We'd love to hear your feedback and feature requests at http://feedback.papyrusapp.com.
• Featured App in Google Play
• Category Honorable Mention for Productivity in the Samsung Galaxy Note S Pen App Challenge (http://goo.gl/M6gKK)
• PDF Import - Easily write, draw, and markup on PDFs with all the powerful features available with a standard note. Also includes highlighter tool!
• Tool Pack - Adds a highlighter tool, a "true" eraser tool (erase parts of strokes), shape tools, and a text tool
• Cloud Services - Backup/restore and export notes as PDFs to cloud storage providers Dropbox and Box
• Take notes naturally with a pen on active-pen enabled devices
• Take notes with your finger or passive stylus (non-active pen)
• Vector graphics engine
• Undo/redo, select, move, and resize
• Change the color and weight of selected items
• Cut, copy, and paste items between notes
• Multiple paper types and sizes
• Two finger scroll and pinch-to-zoom
• Two finger double tap to quickly jump to a specific zoom level
• Organize notes within notebooks (long press, drag and drop)
• Sort notes and notebooks
• Image import, crop, and resize
• Export notes to PDF, PNG, or JPEG for printing, archiving, or sharing
• Share notes with friends and colleagues via email, Evernote, and other services
• Samsung Multi-Window support
• Shortcuts to create a new note or open a notebook
Active Pen Device Exclusive Features
• Pressure sensitive pen for more natural writing
• Write with the pen, erase with your finger
• Hold pen side button for selection or quick flick gestures (undo/redo and tool/color popups)
• Use pen eraser to erase strokes or shapes
Active Pen Device support includes
• Samsung Galaxy Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8.0, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014 Edition, and Note Pro (S Pen)
• HTC Flyer, HTC Jetstream, HTC EVO View 4G (HTC Scribe Pen)
• Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet
Information about active pen devices: http://goo.gl/6BRJy
An explanation of each permission required by Papyrus can be seen here: http://goo.gl/q5f8Y
If you encounter any bugs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the bug.
Papyrus is a product of Steadfast Innovation, LLC. Our mission is to provide products and services that make the most of the latest advancements in technology. We are committed to providing the best experience to our customers. We would love to hear from you!
¹These features are available via in-app purchasing. Your support keeps us innovating!
More from developer
JetDraw is an easy to use drawing application well-suited for basic sketching or quick handwritten notes.
* Use two fingers to zoom and pan
* Expand the canvas when you need more room (double tap outside edge of drawing)
* Double tap corners of screen for quick access to common actions.
* Use volume keys for undo/redo
* Open and edit files on SD card
* View thumbnails as a grid or list
* When viewed as list, arrange thumbnails by drag and drop
Be aware that very large drawings will open slowly and may cause out-of-memory errors. Not tested on tablets (yet).
Permissions: write to SD card. Drawings are stored in /sdcard/jetdraw by default.
Problems? Feature requests? Email: email@example.com
* Create widgets for individual notes or your topmost notes.
* Customize widget transparency, font size, and more
* Edit files on SD card
* Include files on SD card in note list
* Programmer mode (smaller monospace font, no word wrap)
* Arrange note list by drag and drop
* Share notes by email, SMS, and more
The free version of JetNote includes 2x1 widgets. For 2x2, 4x1, or 4x2 widgets, upgrade to JetNote Plus.
Permissions: write to SD card to allow editing of files on SD card.
Not tested on tablets (yet).
Problems? Feature requests? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org