Do you want to learn a foreign language quickly? A unique program for memorizing words can help you do it.
The main factor for success in learning a foreign language is the rapid replenishment of vocabulary through repetition of words. For this purpose, people often use notepads, which may not always be convenient.
The new app "My Dictionary: Polyglot" combines several functions and advantages:
• 90 dictionaries for different languages (English, German, French, Spanish, etc.).
• 8 types of training: word search, writing the words, searching for a translation, comparing studied words and their translations.
• Automatic translation when adding a word.
• Evaluation of word learning progress.
• Option to hide or delete completely learned words from the main list.
• Short statistics that show the dynamics of learning.
• Pronunciation of words.
• Quick search of words and translations in the dictionary.
• Tags for words, search by tags, training by tags.
• Transcription for words and usage examples.
• Archiving database and fast recovery from a backup file.
• Image editor for words.
• Import from Excel (XLS and XLSX).
• Export to Excel.
• Notifications (including for other devices like smartwatches).
• Word sets from the server.
• Synchronization with the cloud for using one database on different devices.
• Ability to use multiple databases of different users on the same device.
• Night mode.
This app allows you to expand your vocabulary fast enough. Its main advantage is the availability of 8 different training methods for learning. The 90 different dictionaries include the most popular languages worldwide, such as English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, and Portuguese. As a result, it is possible to learn one language sequentially or simultaneously learn multiple languages.
The app provides a unique opportunity to learn multiple words per day, which is the fastest way to learn a language, as vocabulary is the foundation of quick language learning. The more new words you learn, the better you will understand your interlocutor, and the easier it will be to communicate with them. Of course, grammar is also necessary, but we recommend learning it after learning vocabulary, at least the basic words. Otherwise, learning a foreign language will be much harder, longer, and more tedious.
This app will be especially useful for those who read foreign literature, visit foreign forums and websites. When encountering an unknown word in the text, the user can simply add it to their dictionary, see the translation, and then learn it with the help of the training module. Without a dictionary, people usually forget a new word soon, and seeing it again, they have to look for it once more.
During the app's development, the complexity of "manual" translation search and the psychological aspects of learning words, including the lack of free time, were taken into account. Therefore, when encountering an unknown word in the text, the user can simply go to the app, enter the new word in the dictionary, and see the translation. If necessary, they can add it to the list of studied words. The program shows the level of mastery of each word as a percentage, so when a word is learned, the user can tick "Studied" for that word, and it will cease to appear in the training. Learned words do not appear in the training list, but remain in the dictionary, allowing for quick reference when needed. Thus, the application "My Dictionary: Polyglot" is an invaluable aid for learning a foreign language. Anyone can verify this for themselves and learn any foreign language quickly enough.
Differences from the paid version are:
• The presence of advertising.
• Free upload of up to 300 images to the cloud (up to 600 in paid version).
• Free sharing up to 3 sets of words for all users (up to 9 in paid version).
• A slightly more expensive subscription for unlimited upload of images to the cloud.