Teach Your Monster to Read is the award-winning, phonics and reading game for kids. Enjoyed by over 30 million worldwide, Teach Your Monster to Read is a truly ground-breaking kids reading app that makes learning to read fun for little ones aged between 3-6.
Kids create their own unique monster to take on a magical journey across three reading games, encouraging them to learn to read by improving their skills as they progress while meeting a host of colourful characters along the way. The app also contains a host of minigames, which help children to develop speed and phonics accuracy.
Games 1, 2 and 3
1. First Steps – for children starting to learn phonics through letters and sounds
2. Fun With Words – for children who are confident with early letter-sound combinations and are starting to read sentences
3. Champion Reader – for children who are confidently reading short sentences and know all of the basic letter-sound combinations
Developed in collaboration with leading academics at the UK’s University of Roehampton,
Teach Your Monster to Read offers a rigorous program that works with any phonics scheme, making it perfect for use in school or at home.
Why Teach Your Monster to Read?
• Covers the first two years of learning to read, from matching letters and sounds to enjoying little books
• Covers everything from phonics to reading full sentences
• Designed in collaboration with leading academics to compliment programs used in schools
• Teachers claim it’s a wonderful and captivating classroom tool that helps their students learn to read
• Parents have seen significant improvements in their children’s literacy within weeks
• Kids love learning through play
• There are no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts
PROCEEDS GO TO THE USBORNE FOUNDATION CHARITY
Teach Your Monster to Read has been created by Teach Monster Games Ltd. which is a subsidiary of The Usborne Foundation. The Usborne Foundation is a charity founded by children’s publisher, Peter Usborne MBE. Harnessing research, design and technology, we create playful media addressing issues from literacy to health. Funds raised from the game go back into the charity, to help us become sustainable and build new projects.
Teach Monster Games Ltd is a subsidiary of The Usborne Foundation, a registered charity in England and Wales (1121957)