The Difficult Airway App (v3.1)
The Difficult Airway App™ is an essential tool for clinicians who manage emergency airways in any setting: the ED, ICU, in-patient unit or the many EMS practice environments.
THE RIGHT DRUGS, THE RIGHT DOSES, THE RIGHT WAY!
This app rapidly and easily selects the right drugs for RSI, automatically adjusting for obesity and hemodynamics. Pediatric dosing and equipment selection is a snap using the Broselow-Luten color system or the child's estimated weight.
Stay out of trouble! The Difficult Airway App™ guides the user quickly and easily through important algorithms, predictors of the difficult airway, and the step-by-step approach to RSI taught in The Difficult Airway Course: Emergency™.
The Difficult Airway App™ features:
EASY, YET SOPHISTICATED ADULT AND PEDIATRIC DRUG DOSING
• For adult dosing, a few simple clicks bring you to recommended doses that incorporate patient weight, body habitus and hemodynamics.
• The pediatric drug dosing function incorporates the color-coded system created by James Broselow, MD and Robert C. Luten, MD for rapid, safe management of pediatric airway cases.
• The option to customize your formulary means that only the drugs you use will appear in the recommendations.
• Straight-forward algorithms allow you to quickly determine the best approach to your patient’s airway.
• Easy mnemonics walk you through predictors of a difficult airway, including difficult laryngoscopy (LEMON), difficult BMV (ROMAN), difficult extraglottic device use (RODS) and difficult cricothyrotomy (SMART).
• Pearls of wisdom, based on evidence and expert opinion, are offered throughout.
RAPID SEQUENCE INTUBATION
• The 7-Ps of RSI: a step-by-step guide for adult and pediatric patients.
• Adult and pediatric RSI drug dosing.
• Richly detailed illustrations of the airway anatomy.
• Links to information about The Difficult Airway Courses™.
Created by Ron M. Walls, MD, Michael F. Murphy, MD and Robert C. Luten, MD. With significant updates by Calvin A. Brown III, MD.