*** THIS VERSION IS FOR APPOINTED UNIVERSITY STUDENTS ONLY ***
Learn how to approach crime scenes with confidence using this step by step guide. Offering best practice advice, preservation methods and, where necessary, recovery techniques. This app will ensure you never feel out of your depth at a crime scene.
Many professionals encounter Forensic Evidence, often without prior training or experience. This App aims to raise Forensic Awareness and increase professional knowledge, whilst contributing to essential professional development.
Suitable for anyone who has the potential to be the first in attendance at a crime scene, including: Police Officers, Fire Officers, Emergency Medical Staff, Security Officers, Fraud Investigators, Sexual Assault Referral Centre Staff, Customs Officers, Search and Rescue, Coastguard, Lawyer’s, Emergency Response and Crime Scene/Forensic students, Business Owners, and anyone with an interest in Crime Scene Investigation.
This App will:
• Tackle crime scene contamination issues.
• Positively impact the Criminal Justice process, increasing efficiency, cost effectiveness and recovery of better-quality evidence.
• Lead to better use of resources.
• Easy to navigate and jargon free.
• Step by step guide to approaching and preserving crime scenes.
• Best preservation and where necessary, recovery and packaging advice.
• Quick reference table on best packaging materials by evidence type.
• Checklists to help keep track of your actions.
• Information on what to document to help with statements and court presentation later.
• Advice on how to deal with victims of sexual assaults.
• Quick links to Local SARC search and current PACE Code D.