We are all surrounded by stress, the chaos of everyday lives and the need to slow down, simplify and hence enrich our lives. The Slow App by Neelesh Misra brings to its users mental well-being, a healthier lifestyle, and a more positive way of looking at life – through storytelling, music, spiritual and mindful content, celebrating decency and purpose, lullabies, video content, healthy products and slow experiences. Better mental and physical health achieved by slowing down one’s life will make them healthier, happier and increase their lifespan.
The app is the online platform of The Slow Movement, a community founded by India’s most loved storyteller Neelesh Misra. Slow is an effort to reconnect with ourselves and the beautiful small joys and experiences that we leave behind in our fast-paced lives. These could be about consuming the kind of laid back video/audio/text content we don’t often get to see in a clickbait world; sensory experiences that could range from a photo walk to birdwatching to a storytelling session to a pottery class; and products and things that reflect this thinking — that are pure (not laced with dangerous chemicals), connected to our roots, imbibed with honesty and giving back to the creators and not the middlemen.
The app offers:
- Storytelling by Neelesh Misra. The best of Neelesh Misra’s content across video, audio and text shall be available only on The Slow App.
- Three distinct sections – Listen, Watch and Read, that offer a rich amalgamation of sensory experiences.
- The Slow Interview, one of India’s leading conversation shows. The Slow Cafe and lots of other conversation shows and marquee properties.
- Audio and Video content, fiction and nonfiction, from across the heartland.
- A rich repertoire of stories and blogs to read.
WHAT’S NEW IN THIS VERSION
- The Slow App has a unique offering – Slow Radio. This is a live radio with storytelling, songs, conversations and podcasts from across the country and overseas. Slow Radio will be a multilingual platform for decent content.
- App users can buy subscriptions on a monthly and annual basis as part of a paid membership plan. There is a family-and-friends package too, which they can gift to their friends and relatives.
- The Slow App allows users to download content and access it offline on their mobile phones, to be able to listen at their pleasure. This will make their experience smooth and richer.
- Handcrafted, original and healthy products from www.slowbazaar.com
- Talent discovery through Slow Mic – a platform to discover storytellers, poets and spoken word artistes.
- Direct Message to Neelesh Misra, or DM To NM. The feature allows millions of fans to connect directly with Neelesh Misra by sending an audio message. The messages are accessed by Neelesh Misra only.
- Original songs from the Slow Music label in multiple languages and dialects. Slow Music shall offer a platform to singers, composers and lyricists
- In the Read section, users can now enjoy customized features (using an epub file) like night/day mode, changing the text size and font.
- The app also launches The Ten Thousand Creators Project that intends to provide creators across the country with any of a diverse set of impacts – by bringing together our content, our community and our marketplace. This includes handicraft artisans, folk and other rural content creators on the margins of the creative economy; self-help groups and Farmer Producer Organisations creating food and non-food products.