Please respect me and the time I've put into this app, and the fact that I've given it away. If you have a problem, contact me so it can be fixed. Don't just leave a 1-star review.
* A full remote control, with keyboard input.
* Browse all recorded shows. Watch them, on your TV, and delete them.
* Search for shows/movies/actors.
* See credits for shows/movies, and suggestions for similar shows/movies.
* Record individual shows and add/modify/remove season passes.
* Display and manage the To Do list.
* Display and manage the Season Pass list.
Sadly, this app will not work with Virgin Media devices. If you are a Virgin Media customer and want it to, contact them.
TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. or its subsidiaries worldwide. DVR Commander for TiVo® is compatible with TiVo® Premiere DVRs.
TiVo® REQUIRED – THIS APP IS EXCLUSIVE TO VIRGIN MEDIA CUSTOMERS WITH TiVo®
Not all supported Android devices can stream live TV. Check the Android device help for more info http://www.virginmedia.com/androidtv/
Winner 2013 Connected TV Awards – The Companion and Second Screen Prize.
Got Virgin Media TiVo® Service on your telly? Meet Virgin TV Anywhere! It lets you watch live TV, wherever you connect to WiFi in the UK, on selected Android mobile phones and tablets. What’s more, you can manage your recordings on the move, as well as search, browse, discover and share what you’re watching on 3G/4G mobile connection or with WiFi. Plus, you can use it at home as a clever remote control.
• Watch live TV on the move, when you’re connected to WiFi in the UK. See our latest channel list http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Virgin_TV_Anywhere_channels_guide.pdf. The channels available to watch live depend on your Virgin Media package.
• Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago.
• Set recordings & Series links for TV shows & movies. There’s no limit on how many recordings you can set and you’ll know instantly if there is a recording clash.
• Browse and delete your recordings if you need to make space on your TiVo.
• Sort out recording clashes and reorganise your recording priorities to make sure you don’t miss your favourite shows
• Speed up the way you search and browse. Search using your device’s QWERTY keypad, rather than the remote, and without taking over the big screen to discover great new shows & rediscover old classics.
• Share what you’re watching or planning to watch on Facebook and Twitter.
• Find out more about the cast and crew.
• Set up WishLists to automatically record shows featuring your favourite actor, director or subject.
• At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a clever remote control and launch a channel, recording or On Demand show to play on your TV.
• Register up to two devices to watch live TV, in addition to your TiVo box.
WHAT YOU NEED:
• A supported Android mobile or tablet with WiFi internet in the UK http://www.virginmedia.com/apps/android/tvanywhere/devices/
• A TiVo® box.
• Your My Virgin Media username and password.
• Requires OS 2.3.3 to 4.4 for mobiles and 4.0 to 4.4 for tablets.
• For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners Virgin TV Anywhere is not supported on rooted devices where unauthorised modifications have been made to the operating system.
TO USE AS AN ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL AT HOME:
• Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Super Hub using an Ethernet cable, Smart TV wireless adaptor or Powerline kit. You’ll find help to do this in the main menu in the app.
If you’re having any issues or have further questions check out the following links:
For more information about how the app works have a look at our Discover pages http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/tvanywhere/app/intro.html
View our Android Help page by selecting Help in the main menu on your device.
If you think your device should be supported, but isn’t, please talk to the experts on the TV Anywhere forum http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-Anywhere/bd-p/TVA/
Copyright ©2013 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
"It's like Kayak for streaming services." - Roberto Baldwin, Gizmodo.com 11/01/2011
CanIStream.it currently searches iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, Crackle, EPIX, Streampix, Redbox, and XFinity premium channels; we are continually adding new services to the list, so remember to check back often.
If the movie you are looking for is not available, you can:
-Set up reminders, or
Simply select the movie and the service, and the moment it becomes available for your chosen method of viewing, we will inform you.
And the best part – it’s FREE!
Services currently searched:
- Netflix (Instant and DVD)
- Amazon (Prime Instant, Rental, Purchase, DVD, Bluray)
- Hulu (including Plus)
- YouTube (free / rental)
- Vudu (rental / purchase)
- Blockbuster (rental / purchase)
- Android (rental)
- Redbox (DVD rentals)
- XFinity (HBO, Showtime, Encore, Starz, etc)
Visit us on the web at CanIStream.It
*Please be aware*
You CANNOT stream movies directly on GoWatchIt. Instead, we point you to all the services where you can watch a particular film.
Use GoWatchIt to find movies available from services including: Amazon (Prime and Instant rental or purchase; DVD and Blu-ray purchase), Fandango (movie ticket purchasing), Google Play (rental or purchase), Hulu and Hulu Plus, iTunes (rental or purchase), Movies on Demand on Cable, Netflix (Instant or DVD rental), Redbox (rent by kiosk), SnagFilms, Sundance Now (rental or purchase), Xbox Video (rental or purchase) and YouTube (rental or purchase). More services are constantly being added. All movie rental and purchasing occurs within the confines of those services. We do not ask for your credit card.
With the GoWatchIt app you can:
- Find where to watch movies across all platforms
- Add movies to your universal GoWatchIt Queue
- Manage and filter your GoWatchIt Queue
- Set up alerts and receive emails when movies in your queue become available to watch
Visit us online at http://www.gowatchit.com.
If you are experiencing issues with our app, or have questions about form and functionality, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"At [GoWatchIt], you can find out right now where, how and if a movie is available with one quick search. You can also ask to be notified when it becomes available. (Why aren’t all movies available through all channels? The movie companies these days must have some irrational fear of giving the customers what they want.)" -- The New York Times
"[GoWatchIt] . . . a site that searches the web for a movie's availability for sale or streaming. Nifty. Useful." -- Roger Ebert
"[GoWatchIt] lets you create one movie queue to rule them all: theatrical releases, streaming or download, DVD or Blu-ray, and cable video on demand." -- CNET
"Wouldn’t it be nice if there were one place to keep track of that documentary your friend recommended, the Steve Carrel thing with the funny trailer, and that Ryan Gosling flick you’ve been waiting for on Netflix? Now playing: exactly that." -- Netted, By the Webbys
"[GoWatchIt] seems to be a good web app for keeping track of all the movies you'd to see [sic]. Five years ago that wouldn't be necessary as I mostly watched movies from only Netflix, but now we have so many options that tools like [GoWatchIt] can save time and frustration." -- Lifehacker
Download the free GoWatchIt app today!
Extend your living room TV experience to your Android phone with SlingPlayer software. If you like TV, it's hard not to smile when you take control of your TV and DVR from your Android phone. Flip through your local channels with the virtual remote control. Pause, fast-forward, rewind and even schedule DVR recordings. Watch video on demand and pay-per-view programs. Never miss another show or game -- whether you're in the back yard, out to lunch or on the other side of the world. It's your TV. Now it can go with you wherever you go on your Android Phone.
SlingPlayer now also plays to Roku streamers. And with Slingbox 500 at home and the latest version of SlingPlayer you can enjoy all your personal media on the go. Simply attach a USB hard drive with all your photos, videos and movies to the Slingbox 500 and access that content with SlingPlayer for Android phone from wherever you are – inside or outside the home.
- Android phone (Android 2.2+)
- Slingbox 500
- Slingbox 350
- Slingbox PRO-HD
- Slingbox SOLO
* SlingPlayer for Phones may work on certain Slingboxes prior to SOLO and PRO-HD, in certain configurations. Technical support is not available for such usage. For more details, please refer to the Slingbox compatibility guide at http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000121.html. If you own a prior-generation Slingbox, you may be eligible to receive an upgrade discount on a supported model. Please visit http://www.slingbox.com/go/upgrade for details.
If you are a DISH Network customer, the following devices are NOT compatible with the SlingPlayer app. Please download the free DISH Anywhere app.
- Hopper with Sling receiver
- Hopper receiver
- VIP 922 receiver
- Sling Adapter
Watch and control video sources such as:
- Cable set-top box and DVR
- Satellite set-top box and DVR
- Telco / IPTV set-top box and DVR
- Basic cable
- Digital Over-the-Air broadcasts (Slingbox PRO-HD only)
- Apple TV
- Home security cameras
- Blu-ray/DVD players
To learn more about Slingbox, please visit http://www.slingbox.com
Note: While the SlingPlayer app is available for download in all countries, Slingbox hardware is required, and is only available for purchase from authorized resellers in the following countries: United States, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Canada, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, San Marino, Singapore, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City. Hardware warranty and technical support is only provided in the country where the Slingbox purchase is made, and only if the purchase was from an authorized reseller. For more information, please refer to your locale's Slingbox Warranty.
Choose from any of these rewards:
* Gift Cards from Amazon, Target, Starbucks, Groupon, and more
* Airline miles from Delta, US Airways, Alaska Airlines and more
* Charitable donations to Autism Speaks, American Cancer Society and more
* Tablets, Digital Cameras, Laptops and other goodies
THE REVIEWS ARE IN!
AndroidCentral.com says that eTrizzle is a "very useful service" when finding where movies are available. AndroidApps.com also named eTrizzle the "top new Android app of the week“. OMG!Droid and AndroidAdvanced called it a "gem“ and an “incredibly nice aggregator”, respectively.
Movie features include:
* New releases, popular on-demand & streaming, top box office
* Search by movie, actor & director
* Browse by movie service (sort by release date and popularity)
* Detailed movie information (actors, rating, Rotten Tomatoes scores)
* Additional browsing features (free, streaming, categories, year)
* Find similar movies to rent, buy or stream across all on demand & subscription services
TV show features include:
* Popular & streaming TV shows
* Search by TV show
* Browse by TV show service (i.e. Google Play, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, etc.)
* Additional features to find TV shows - free, new, networks, exclusive streaming (i.e. Netflix, Amazon, HBO)
Get the free app as a part of your Netflix membership and you can instantly watch thousands of TV episodes & movies on your phone.
If you are not a Netflix member sign up for Netflix and start enjoying immediately on your phone with our one-month free trial.
How does Netflix work?
• Netflix membership gives you access to unlimited TV shows and movies for one low monthly price.
• With the Netflix app you can instantly watch as many TV episodes & movies as you want, as often as you want, anytime you want.
• You can Browse a growing selection of thousands of titles, and new episodes that are added regularly.
• Search for titles and watch immediately on your phone or on an ever expanding list of supported devices.
• Rate your favorite shows and movies and tell us what you like so Netflix can help suggest the best titles for you.
• Start watching on one device, and resume watching on another. Check out netflix.com for all the TVs, game consoles, tablets, phones, Blu-ray players and set top boxes on which you can watch Netflix.
1-month free Netflix membership offer is available to first time and certain former members and cannot be combined with any other offer. Internet access and valid payment method are required to redeem offer. Netflix will begin to bill your payment method for the Netflix membership fee at the end of the free month unless you cancel prior to the end of the first month. Your Netflix membership is a month-to-month subscription that you can cancel at any time. Go to "Your Account" on the Netflix website for cancellation instructions. No refund or credit for partial monthly subscription periods. The Netflix service is only available in the country where you originally signed up. A device that streams from Netflix (manufactured and sold separately) and broadband Internet connection are required to watch instantly.
Works anywhere within range of your wi-fi network. It also includes auto setup of your wireless connection. Great to watch your Netflix or Amazon VOD movies and TV shows.
Search Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom, United States, Canada and the Netherlands
Enter you search term, and the app. will show you program-info, and in which countries the program is available - including which subtitles and languages are available!
If you do a subtitle search, it will only show you the countries where that subtitle is available!
Works fantastics on tablets!
* Includes catalog-info (see screenshot)
* Extended movieinfo
* Save movies as favorites for later
* Search for actor, director, production year, title
* Search in a specific Netflix region
* Search for specific subtitles
* Search for specific languages (audio)
* Browse Netflix genres
* Filter your genres
* Superfast search!
* Save favorites
* Subscribe to notification when new seasons are available for your favorite show
* and much more!
To search in movie description, prepend your search with "d:", eg "d:santa" :-)
Use the settings to configure your search parameters!
New updates will provide more features!
NOTE: NetQ cannot be moved to your SD card IF you use the widget
If you are being force to re-authenticate every time, please try the 'Clear Tokens' option in Preferences or re-installing the app (uninstall/install).
INFO: Netflix is removing access to all rental history access (as of 9/15/12) (At Home, Shipped, Returned, & Watched). This will also disable the "Remove Watched Instant" feature and the "Check if already..." options
INFO: Netflix's new Profiles are not available to 3rd-party apps at this time
If the app is stuck at downloading, please go to checkout.google.com and verify your credit card details
-STREAMING! If NetQ determines that the Netflix app is installed you will see a play icon overlaying the box art in the movie details screen (if the movie is available to watch instantly). Touching the box art will now launch the Netflix app and start playing the movie. If the title is a Series or Season, you will first be shown a list of episodes to watch. Selecting one will launch the Netflix app and start playing the episode.
-Rotten Tomatoes scores and reviews
-Add movies currently in theaters to your disc queue
-Search YouTube for movie trailer
-Set/change format (DVD/Blu-ray)
-drag-&-drop queues (using box art or drag icon)
-barcode search (requires the free ZXing Barcode Scanner app)
-search IMDb (either through the Browser or the IMDb Android app)
-add NYTimes reviewed movies to your queue
-search from Quick Search Box (Google Search widget)
-share ratings and movies w/Facebook
-browse by genre and filter results
-search titles,people,instant titles,queues
-remove entries from disc queue when found in instant queue
-remove entries from Instant Queue that you have already watched
-move titles from Disc to Instant queue (if available)
-add future Instant titles to local queue. Setting available to automatically check if movies are available and add them to your Instant queue
-separate wifi/3G/edge settings
-long press a movie title in a list for available options
-in a movie's details screen you can press the box art to open the Netflix webpage for the movie
-view cast list of a movie and view other titles featuring a given cast member
-view similar titles
-view Netfix's Recommendations for you
-Instant Only Mode
NOTE: NetQ cannot be moved to your SD card IF you use the widget
STREAMING (If the Netflix app is installed and supports your device see: http://goo.gl/NvzCJ)
-Future Watch Instantly feed is sparsely populated. Netflix is not properly reporting future Instant release titles in their API. They are aware of the problem.
-TV series/seasons/discs cannot be added to your Disc queue
-Netflix log-in page is missing the log-in image. Pressing the ? icon will still log you in
-Shortcut in home screen does not work after update. Simply remove the shortcut and re-add it
Can't find anything to watch on Netflix? Then MyQ For Netflix is for you!
View the latest new releases, browse by genres, view personalized recommendations, manage your queues or search all from one app. Now has an tablet optimized user interface for tablets 7 inch and larger.
While MyQ does not require linking a Netflix account, certain features will either be unavailable (recommendations, user ratings, managing queues) or imprecise (search).
Please note that there is also no way to view discs at home due to a limitation set by Netflix.
* Better TV series support
* Whatever users ask for!
* Subgenre browsing
More from developer
Features (some features are only available to TiVo® Premiere DVR customers):
> Browse the channel guide without interrupting the show you’re watching
- View shows up to 14 days in advance
> Schedule TV show/movie recordings and ongoing (Season Pass®) recordings
> Browse your recorded shows list and play a show from the App
> Find exactly what you want to watch
- Search across TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video & Blockbuster —and see integrated results on Demand to find what you are looking for
> Explore cast and crew while watching a show
> Comment about what you’re watching on Facebook or Twitter
> Use a TiVo remote control replica or our intuitive, gesture-based remote control
> Manage your ongoing (Season Pass®) recordings and your To-Do List
- Delete and reprioritize recordings for your favorite shows
> Instantly schedule, search and browse for shows while you’re away from home
Having troubles finding or connecting to your TiVo DVR? Try one or more of these steps:
* Restart your network router by by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in
* Restart your TiVo DVR by following the instructions in the TiVo menus under Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Restart the TiVo Box
* Go to http://support.tivo.com/android for more troubleshooting tips