BARBADOS’ BEST is the ideal digital travel guide to this Caribbean island. Written by a pro-author it explores all parts of the ISLAND; suggests ITINERARIES; details dozens of SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; then suggests great spots to EAT. All content (160+ points-of-interest/270+ pics) is original.
A favourite Caribbean travel destination, Barbados offers a lot more than gorgeous beaches, sea turtles, water sports and rum. Or does it? Find out in this comprehensive trip planner.
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
BARBADOS’ BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information – including tips on ACCOMMODATION, FESTIVALS and TRANSPORT.
An ISLAND section begins by introducing all the key regions and towns to make orientation easy.
Then, an ITINERARIES and TOURS section suggests how you might start to explore the island, and includes an easy-to-follow walking tour of the main city, Bridgetown.
You’ll find all you need to enjoy the best of the island by theme in the next, INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES, section of the app. Here you’ll find an overview of interests as diverse as finding the best BEACHES; the finest places to sample RUM; an inventory of the WATER SPORTS (catamarans, sailing, diving, snorkelling, SUP, kayaking, surfing); and a thorough section on Barbadian HISTORY.
Other sections include GARDENS & NATURE; HIKING & BIKING; KIDS & FAMILIES, SPECTATOR SPORTS; SPORTS & ACTIVITIES (including golf, horse riding) and VIEWS.
Next, there’s a hand-picked selection of places to EAT & DRINK in a BARS, NIGHTLIFE & DRINKING and a RESTAURANTS section of the app, where you’ll love the many locals’ choices.
Finally, a SHOPS & SHOPPING section should make sure you’ll find the perfect souvenir of your trip.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Info, Media & Communications
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: THE ISLAND
Meet the key destinations:
• The North
• South Coast
• West Coast
IAPP FEATURE: TINERARIES & TOURS
An easy-to-follow itinerary & all about tours:
• Bridgetown In-a-Day
• Central Barbados In-a-Day
• East Coast In-a-Day
• Northern Barbados In-a-Day
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Gardens & Nature
• Hiking & Biking
• Kids & Families
• Spectator Sports
• Sports & Activities
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Where best to eat, drink, shop & more:
• Bars, Nightlife & Drinking
• Restaurants & Eating
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatre & Cinemas
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• The entire contents of Barbados’ Best is available by installing it above. The only restrictions are that this will only work when you’re online and only with intermittent ads.
• A single, one-off IN-APP PURCHASE eliminates all ads and allows you to take all content (except maps) offline.
• AUTHOR: A travel writer for over 15 years, SARA HUMPHREYS has authored and updated numerous guidebooks, as well as penning articles – on Panama, Namibia, Ecuador and Peru in particular, as well as on other Caribbean destinations. When not travelling, she can be found swinging in a hammock in Barbados.
• ICON: Ariel Pilotto@Unsplash
• FEATURE GRAPHIC: Tom Jur@Unsplash
REVIEWS & RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.