DEVON & CORNWALL’S BEST is an ideal travel guide to England’s beautiful south west. Illustrated using 430 pics and written by a pro-author it explores key DESTINATIONS; suggests ITINERARIES; details 230 SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; and suggests great spots to EAT & DRINK. All text is independent.
★This app comes FREE with occasional pop-up ads: a SINGLE, one-off PURCHASE removes all ads; allows you to access all content (including maps) when offline; and includes free updates in the future. Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: Travel guides for the digital age.★
DEVON & CORNWALL’S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key DESTINATIONS to provide perfect orientation.
A hand-crafted ITINERARIES section then offers first-timers three different, easy-to-follow routes to explore the region. Do one or two of them, or link them all up for a brilliant two-week trip.
Or, if you have particular INTERESTS or ACTIVITIES in mind, then you might just dive straight in to the this section of the app. It’s designed to give you the low-down on various themes, so if you’re travelling with KIDS; want an overview of WATER SPORTS; or want to tour landscaped GARDENS or HISTORIC HOMES – you'll find dedicated sections point you in the right direction. Other categories include BEACHES, CYCLING, HISTORY and WALKING.
Finally the app details many good RESTAURANTS, CAFES & PUBS near many key sights as well as a few places that are attractions in themselves. There’s also a little on SHOPS & SHOPPING to help hunt souvenirs and round off that perfect trip.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Costs & Tipping
• Local Info & Visitor Centres
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
Meet the key regions:
• Cornwall:– Bodmin Moor & Around;East Cornwall; Isles of Scilly; North Cornwall; South Cornwall; West Cornwall
• Devon:– Dartmoor National Park; Exeter & East Devon; North Devon & Exmoor; Plymouth; Torbay; South Devon
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
• The Cream of Cornwall (7 Days)
• Dartmoor, North & East Devon (3 Days)
• South Devon, Plymouth & Torbay (3 days)
• Cornwall Tour Companies
• Devon Tour Companies
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Historic Homes
• Kids & Families
• Water Sports
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Where best to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Pubs & Bars
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatres & Cinemas
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's many image buttons; a global search; and internal hyperlinks.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed OFFLINE MAPS (paid version) and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Belinda Dixon has loved living in the south west since she moved to Falmouth to study and found palm trees on campus. A travel writer since 1997, she’s co-written dozens of guidebooks, as well as walking guides, web articles and apps.
• ICON: Dr Bob Hall @fickr
• FEATURE IMAGE: Johannes Plenio @Unsplash
REVIEWS AND RATINGS:
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.