EDINBURGH’S BEST is an ideal travel guide to one of Europe’s real urban jewels and will help you make the most of your city break. Written by a pro-author it explores key NEIGHBOURHOODS; suggests ITINERARIES and WALKS; details SIGHTS; then suggests great spots to EAT, DRINK and find ENTERTAINMENT. All content (150+ points-of-interest/240+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
EDINBURGH’S BEST starts with a TRIP ESSENTIALS section to help with planning, which includes coverage of FESTIVALS & EVENTS as well as TRANSPORT info.
A rundown of all the key NEIGHBOURHOODS then helps orientate you, while an ITINERARIES section offers first-timers the ideal way to explore the city using easy-to-follow walks.
Or, if you’re keen on exploring local ART; delving into city HISTORY; spending time OUTDOORS; or just want to find the best attractions for KIDS & FAMILIES, you might just dive straight into one of these themed sections.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT, DRINK and SHOP, with a rundown of some key RESTAURANTS, PUBS and CAFES along with the low-down on city SHOPPING.
APP FEATURE: TRIP PLANNING
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: NEIGHBOURHOODS
The lowdown on city neighbourhoods:
• Broughton & Calton
• Holyrood & Southside
• Leith & Leith Walk
• The New Town
• The Old Town
• Outside the Centre
• Stockbridge & Dean Village
• The West End
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
To organise your time in the city:
• The Old Town in-a-day
• The New Town in-a-day
• The Water-of-Leith
• Arthur’s Seat
• Heritage Braid
• The Pentland Hills
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Kids & Families
• Parks & Gardens
• Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURE: EAT, DRINK, SHOP & MORE
Listings and recommendations:
• Pubs & Clubs
• Pools & Spas
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatres & Cinemas
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• The entire contents of DORDOGNE’S BEST is freely available by installing above. The only restrictions are that this will only work when you are online and only with intermittent ads.
• A single, one-off IN-APP PURCHASE eliminates all ads and allows you to take all content (except maps) offline.
• AUTHOR: Christian Williams has been a freelance travel writer since 1998. He's covered destinations all over the world, but mostly specialises on Germany and Canada. He's lived in Edinburgh for 20 years and is pleased to have finally written about somewhere on his doorstep.
• ICON: Petr Meissner (flickr)
• FEATURE GRAPHIC: Festival Fringe Society
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.