MONTREAL’S BEST is an ideal travel guide to Canada’s liveliest city. Written by a pro-author it explores key NEIGHBOURHOODS; details SIGHTS, ACTIVITIES and ITINERARIES; then suggests great spots to EAT. All content (191 entries/246 pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
This app is part of the TouchScreenTravels series: indie travel apps by pro travel writers.
MONTREAL’S BEST starts with a TRIP ESSENTIALS section to help with planning, which includes coverage of FESTIVALS & EVENTS as well as TRANSPORT info.
A rundown of all the key NEIGHBOURHOODS then helps orientate you, while an ITINERARIES section offers first-timers the ideal way to explore the city using easy-to-follow routes.
Or, if you’re keen on exploring local ARCHITECTURE or ART; delving into city HISTORY; spending time OUTDOORS; or just want to find the best attractions for KIDS & FAMILIES, you might just dive straight into one of these themed sections.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT, DRINK, SHOP. A rundown of key RESTAURANTS, CAFES, BARS and CLUBS, along with many THEATRES, CINEMAS and VENUES, will help ensure that perfect urban getaway.
APP FEATURE: TRIP PLANNING
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Costs & Money
• Information & Maps
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: NEIGHBOURHOODS
Meet the key city districts:
• The Gay Village
• Mount Royal
• Old Montreal
• Parc Jean Drapeau
• The Plateau
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES
• Mt Royal & Downtown In-A-Day
• Old Montreal-In-A-Day
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Kids & Families
• Spectator Sports
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Where best to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Bars, Clubs & Nightlife
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatres, Cinemas & Venues
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• The entire contents of Brighton’s Best is available by installing it above. The only restrictions are that this will only work when you’re online and only with intermittent ads.
• A single, one-off IN-APP PURCHASE eliminates all ads and allows you to take all content (except maps) offline.
AUTHOR Christian Williams has written or co-written some twenty guidebooks, a host of related articles for magazines, travel websites and UK newspapers and a good few apps. He's been eating poutine in Montreal since 2012.
ICON: Emmanuel Milou@Flickr
FEATURE GRAPHIC: Alyssa Black@Flickr
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us. If you like the app please go back into the app store, find this app again then leave a review or even just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.