Located in the heart of the Valais, above Sion, the Val d’Hérens shines with its built and cultural heritage. In a wild and unspoilt nature, you can practice various sports activities, including the trail running, trekking, snowshoeing or ski mountaineering.
Alpes Trail Val d’Hérens offers 3 marked ski touring routes, 10 snowshoeing trails and 20 fully marked trails in a resolutely alpine setting.
The “Val d’Hérens Tour”, a big trek in 5 steps is also possible all around the Valley.
Between authentic hamlets, pastures and forests, you will walk the paths on foot and see the mythical peaks of the Alps, such as the Dent-Blanche, the Matterhorn or the Pigne d'Arolla, where you can certainly contemplate the famous Hérens cow !
Once the app is installed, you will be able to download Swisstopo detailed maps (in app purchase) or Open Topo Maps.
Alpes Trail Val d'Hérens also proposes to participate in timed challenges with bluetooth beacons.
Many features will help you practice the trail-running in the valley :
• get your location on the maps with the GPS
• record your chronos
• description of the route and points of interest
• monitoring alert to be notified if you move away from the route
• call or send an emergency SMS in case of problems
• sending predefined SMS to your contacts
• classification by age class on the challenges
• reporting a problem on the route
• adding comments
• sharing on social networks
• weather in Val d'Hérens
• public transport
Access to all features requires that you use a Trace de Trail account.
Remark : Continued use of GPS running in the background can greatly decrease battery life.