The Vallée d'Ossau offers an ideal playground in the Pyrenees for the practice of outdoor sports.
Its natural setting, shaped by an ever intense pastoral activity, offers a multitude of spots, suitable for all levels of practice for hikers, cyclists and trail runners. The Vallée d'Ossau has all the assets to seduce you, whether you come with family or sports friends! Discover our trail routes and spots, take advantage of the variety of our network and surpass yourself on 3 KMV.
Mecca for hiking, with its 64 hiking trails (some of which are located in the Pyrenees National Park), its magnificent landscapes will delight all walkers, experienced and beginners alike.
Indulge in Nordic walking, a rhythmic walking practice with large skating sticks.
Without forgetting the facilities on the territory: Bike park, Enduro park, Pump track, MTB initiation area, Véloroute... There will be something for everyone!
Cycling enthusiasts will also be at ease: the Vallée d'Ossau has 19 mountain bike loops on its territory (including two Enduro circuits). The "Bearnese Pyrenees and Ossau Valley" mountain bike site is certified by the French Cycling Federations (FFC).
And on the "road" side, two mythical passes of the Tour de France: the Aubisque and the Marie-Blanque!
Welcome to the Ossau Valley, land of adventures!
Once the application is installed, you will be able to download maps for offline operation: OpenTopoMap maps or IGN maps. The application also embeds all the routes as well as the associated altitude profiles.
Many features will make it easier for you to practice your outdoor activity:
• location and orientation on detailed maps thanks to your smartphone's GPS
• description of the routes and points of interest on the route
• tracking alert to be notified if you stray from the course
• sending predefined messages by SMS to your contacts while running
• reporting a problem on the course
• adding comments
• sharing on social networks
• 5-day weather forecast (source OpenWeatherMap)
• emergency module: triggering an emergency call or sending an SMS in the event of a problem
Access to certain features requires that you use a Trace de Trail user account.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.