TrailTale is a free exploration app offering walking guided routes and a repository of many attractions in Great Britain. Choose a walk route or Explore Near You some of the most fascinating places.
The guided walk routes take you through the most interesting parts of London and a selection of cities, towns and villages, telling you their fascinating stories and rich histories. All walks are FREE and no in-app purchase is required. Suitable for the whole family, with bonus stops and trivia at famous filming locations from Harry Potter to Bridget Jones along the way.
Each walk is packed with fun facts, photos, maps, and images. Many of the routes have an audio guide, allowing you to listen while exploring.
GB Town and village routes are available all over the country, with the most interesting places in Britain are available at your fingertips. Alternatively, explore interesting points available around you. Filter them to your preferences. Available if you walk, or drive in the countryside. Tracking your position, stop and read the point’s story, view photos, and admission info.
***NEW – London routes of Wapping, Soho, Mayfair, Lambeth *** Edinburgh two routes - Lower Royal Mile and City!!
- Its completely free
- All the guided walks are available offline (without maps), no need to pay roaming charges
- The walks are developed by local experts
- Easy to pause at any time
- Precise turn by turn walking directions, and easy to recognise Landmarks
- Features locations for the whole family
- Filter the ‘explore’ points based on your preferences
There are 17 London walks focusing on the following themes:
• The palaces, clubs of 'St. James’s London'(22 sights);
• South London City Charles Dickens inspiration ‘Bridge to London City’(28 sights);
• The Hidden London City 'Banks to Liverpool London City'(11 sights);
• The amazing story of the immigration 'East Meets London City'(25 sights);
• Westminster, Harry Potter 'Governing London'(23 sights);
• The hidden Law Quarters and gardens 'Inns of London'(25 sights);
• The Old Bailey, St. Bartholomew and Barbican 'London City of Bars and Barts'(17 sights);
• The Temple church 'London of Law and News' (24 sights);
• The Great Fire, Harry Potter and Jack The Ripper 'Towers of London City'(28 sights);
• Friars, Shakespeare 'Livery London City'(20 sights);
• Covent Garden, old palaces 'Stranding London'(20 sights);
• River Thames from The Tower to Westminster in 'Sweat Thamsing London'(20 sights);
• London’s famous village ‘Highs of Hampstead’(21 sights);
• Visit an old hospital, and famous artists 'Charming Chelsea'(24 sights);
• Jack the Ripper, Docks ‘The Pirates of Wapping’(21 sights);
• Clubs, History and Rock ‘n’ Roll ‘Swinging Soho’(21 sights);
• Historic people, espionage, market ‘Fair Mayfair’(28 sights).
Outside London visit (*routes coming soon; use Explore Near Me):
The historic buildings of Saffron Walden; The kilns and engine house of Dyserth; A market town old priory – Spalding; James Harriot town, and a castle – Thirsk; A Devon superb medieval castle – Totnes; Eel fishing and mills of Alresford; The great village of Goring-on-Thames* George Michael residence; Old mining town of Neston; The famous Berkeley castle and Edward Jenner; Roman City of At. Albans; The famous inns of Amersham; Harry Potter’s Cathedral of Gloucester; The Beacon of Cotswolds Painswick; Venice of the Cotswolds – Burton-on-the-Water; Fantastic town of Burford; Scotland’s village of Cumnock; Wales town of St Clears; Travel through time in Corbridge; The Roman and Castle of Colchester; The Cathedral and Friars of Canterbury; Medway Charles Dickens city of Rochester; Lavender scented town of Hitchin; Castle and School of Berkhamsted; The alleys of Tewkesbury; Historical Thame; Sea Bathing Margate; Holst’s Thaxted; Royal Windsor; Magnificent Cotswolds Bibury; The castle and Inns Bishop's Stortford; Campden House, Almshouses and Market hall Chipping Campden; Turner’s Dedham.