The TUNE Referrer Test app allows you to confirm you are collecting and passing the Google Play Install Referrer correctly back to the TUNE Marketing Console.
After you integrate the TUNE SDK into your Android app (but before you submit your app to the Google Play Store), make sure that the Google Play Install Referrer is being collected and passed properly to avoid any missed attributions and/or attribution discrepancies. For information about configuring the Install Referrer in your app code, please visit http://help.tune.com/marketing-console/how-google-play-install-referrer-works
.Common Signs of an Issue Collecting the Install Referrer
When the Google Play Install Referrer is not setup properly in your app code, then you may see one or more of the following effects when testing your mobile app:
1. Installs are attributed as Organic instead of being credited to the appropriate advertising partner (whomever is referenced by the Install Referrer/MAT tracking ID)
2. Integrations with Google Analytics may show relevant activity (such as page visits and ad clicks), but installs are not recorded properly
3. Integrations with Google Analytics may show installs, but they are not attributed to the proper sourcePossible Causes and Solutions
Some possible causes for why an Install Referrer is not captured or passed properly include:
1. No test profile enabled in TMC. Without a test profile enabled for your device and app, TMC rejects duplicate installs and you may not see events in TMC. For information about configuring a test profile, please visit Creating a Test Profile
2. Multiple BroadcastReceivers for the same event. If you have more than one BroadcastReceiver listening for the same event or action, then it becomes uncertain which one will handle the intent and which one(s) will not. To support multiple BroadcastReceivers, you can create one receiver that passes the intent to other receivers (which are essentially subclasses of the one receiver) as described at Multiple Android Install Referrers
.For integrations with Google Analytics, the BroadcastReceiver used is not the one required for a specific version of Google Analytics. Make sure you are referencing the appropriate receiver.
For Google Analytics v2:
For Google Analytics v3:
For Google Analytics v4:
For complete details, please visit: https://developers.tune.com/sdk/testing-the-google-play-install-referrer/