* Up-to-date information throughout includes new chemotherapy, ophthalmic, and other pertinent drugs.
* Monograph sections include: drug name, pronunciation, trade name(s), category and schedule, classification, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, availability, indications and dosages, contraindications, interactions (drug, herbal, and food), diagnostic test effects, side effects, serious reactions, and precautions and considerations.
* The precautions and considerations sections for each drug monograph are written specifically for the health professions and include important information on storage and administration, highlighting those drugs that require special care in order to maintain potency.
* Useful appendices cover topics such as Error-Prone Drug Name Abbreviations with the Joint Commission's most up-to-date "Do Not Use" list, Normal Laboratory Values, English-to-Spanish Drug Phrase Translator, and more.
* Lifespan content presents geriatric, pediatric, and pregnancy considerations, providing the answers you need when working with a variety of clients.
* Easy-to-spot icons identify special drug information, including IV compatibilities/incompatibilities and high alert warnings.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
Geriatrics differs from standard adult medicine because it focuses on the unique needs of the elderly person. The aged body is different physiologically from the younger adult body, and during old age, the decline of various organ systems becomes manifest.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of around 100 terminologies related to geriatrics with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand disease/disorders related to your loved parents & grand parents.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search using keyword
- Add/Edit Text & Audio notes for selected term.
- Add/zoom photo to Notes
- Add term to your favorite list
- Email term to your friends and family
- Change the font size for better reading experience
Download this useful app, which help you to take care of your parents in organized way....
Incluye los 8 indicadores consensuados por profesionales del sector de Trabajo Social; Barthel, Lawton, Test de Zarit, Índice de esfuerzo del cuidador, Escala Gijón, Cuestionario de Pfeiffer, Depresión Geriátrica de Yesavage y Valoración Cognoscitiva de Lobo.
Si eres un familiar, cuidador, trabajas o convives con una persona mayor que pueda tener una demencia neurodegenerativa, como puede ser el alzheimer, sirve principalmente para dos cosas: primero para que tu familiar o la persona a la que cuidas esté estimulada, orientada en el tiempo y en el espacio, y consecuentemente, reduzca la frustración y la angustia en las primeras fases de su enfermedad, y segundo, si la enfermedad ha evolucionado, para que el cuidador y sus familiares dispongan de unas técnicas de rehabilitación efectivas, y además, en muchos casos puedan conocer a distancia en qué parte del hogar se encuentran y qué actividad está desarrollando.
Falls are the number one cause of injury-related deaths for seniors citizens, and yet they can be largely prevented. By instituting a regular falls prevention exercise program, seniors can greatly reduce their risk of falls and improve their overall health at the same time. Help to educate your friends and loved ones over 55 about the opportunity to continue their quality of life by using the iStand Falls Prevention® exercise program regularly.
The iStand Falls Prevention® Mobile App is for Individual Use Only - please see End User Agreement. Corporate licensing available. See our website for details.
More from developer
Geriatrics At Your Fingertips™ (GAYF) for iPhone/iPad contains the latest content in the GAYF print edition, published by the American Geriatrics Society (www.americangeriatrics.org). Purchase an annual subscription, so you always have the latest information.
• For only $19.99, a subscription gives you access to the latest GAYF content for 1 full year.
• Your subscription automatically renews every year, so you always have the latest content.
Find quick answers to your geriatric assessment and treatment questions with:
• Free and continuous content updates for one year after purchase.
• Over 100 tables containing current medication information, searchable by generic or trade names
• Easy-to-use algorithms
• Assessment instruments that calculate responses
• Fast, omnipresent search and index functions
• Calculating equations for commonly used formulas
• A bookmark feature for frequently referenced content
• Links to many resources and websites
• Content updates automatically in the background
The authors welcome comments and questions addressed to the AGS at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to an online CME test with 333 Board-style questions and answers offering 90 continuing medical education (CME) credits, users of GRS8-Self-Assessment can take topic-specific practice exams. Each question is clinically relevant and designed to complement materials in the GRS8 syllabus chapters. Rigorously developed and reviewed by leaders in the field, GRS8 questions are best-single-answer, multiple-choice self-study questions that offer a thorough critique of the stem question and correct answer and provide specific references to the literature for further reference and information.
For those who already are subscribers to GRS8, simply download this app and login using your geriatricscareonline.org credentials. For those not already subscribers, purchase your online subscription to GRS8 for immediate access to the seminal publication of the American Geriatrics Society and this Self-Assessment program.