Artemis is the #1 archery app for plotting, monitoring and analysis of archery performance for the (semi)professional archer and the trainer/coach. It was created by the Netherlands compound head coach Marcel van Apeldoorn.
Artemis is used by 10-thousands of archers in the world; from beginners to the worlds number one. From the start of its development in 2012, it is has been used in Olympic training centers all over the world. National teams and members of National teams from the Netherlands, Italy, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Australia, USA, Turkey, Germany, Great Britain and others have used Artemis in their high-performance program.
Archers and coaches like Mike Schloesser, Sjef van den Berg, Peter Elzinga, Wietse van Alten, Shawn Riggs, Irina Markovic, Martine Couwenberg, Inge van Caspel-van der Ven and many, many others, have participated in the development and use it in their preparation.
With Artemis you can record your score and your arrows, record any information and analyse it afterwards. Archery is a game of statistics, and this app can help you with the statistical analysis to become a better archer.
Recurve or compound, target or field, archer or trainer/coach, Artemis offers the tools to improve your or your athletes' performance.
ArtemisLite is free! Upgrading to Premium will unleash all analysis potential and an upgrade to Coached is perfect for the close cooperation between athletes and coaches or for National Teams.
It is developed by Marcel van Apeldoorn; a former international archer, aerospace researcher, software developer and head coach of the Compound Team of the Netherlands with decades of experience at the world's top-level. Artemis has been tested in many international events; Worldcups, European and World Championships.
With Artemis, you can;
Record every little detail in your setup and find out what works best.
Match and round creation
- Create custom matches, any number of ends with any number of arrows
- Use QR tags to create and share your rounds/matches
- Many target faces (World-Archery, Field, GNAS, IFAA, IBO, NFAA, etc)
Record your matches and training sessions
- Full screen, intuitive and fast, different ways to record your scores.
- Indicate the scoring value for correct placement
- Easy positioning of shots when misplaced
- Record shot ratings (to filter out the obvious bad shots)
- Identify which arrow was shot
- Record heart rate and stress
- Record the answers to self assessment questions
During matches, Artemis can advice you on;
- Sight adjustment. Artemis detects when your sight is off and will very accurately advice in sight adjustments
- Arrow consistency. Artemis detects when an arrow starts hitting outside the group and advice on its replacement
- Review your color coded scorecard with lots of extra information
- Review your grouping and the trend of your grouping
- Review the individual arrow performances/grouping
After match performance analysis
- Plot your scores in time
- Plot your average scoring
- Plot your volumes per week or month
- Compare almost anything; build your own filters to compare different archers, bows, setups, different quivers, or individual arrows
- Compare shots on different target faces shot on different distances with each other
- Compare different bowsetups or arrows on a single target face or on multiple targets
- Connect your BOWdometer
- Connect a Polar heartrate chestband
- Connect to a RyngDyng arrow plotting system
And much more
- Share your results on facebook or email your coach with end-by-end face plots and scorecards
- Keep your data private, or share it with your coach
- Backup and restore your database (on the device itself or on Google Drive)
- Import someone else's database
- Show your matches on a world map
It's not simply a score keeping app, you need to put in some effort but once you know how to use it, Artemis will play an important role in becoming a better archer!