The Android app "Srimad Bhagavatam (English)" has been developed to bring to a wider audience the message of the great Vaishnavite text Srimad Bhagavatam. Since smartphones have become ubiquitous and have become the most preferred device for accessing the internet and for seeking information and knowledge, making available the text of Srimad Bhagavatam through this device in a convenient format would help make the message of Srimad Bhagavatam available to a much larger audience especially to the younger generation. This app is an assemblage of links to many different formats in which the great puranic text has been rendered:
1. Text in Devanagari
2. Text in IAST (International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration)
3. English translation by Anand Aaadhar in the tradition of ISKCON
(International Society for Krishna Consciousness)
4. English translation by G. V. Tagare in the tradition of Indian critical scholarship
5. Recitation by Yashoda Kurara Dasa rendered in a professional manner
6. Recitation by Jayshree Gopal, a profoundly elegant and simple rendering
The links to Bhagavatam Mahatmyam (Glories of Bhagavatam) found in Padma Purana, Khanda VI Uttara Khanda, Chapters 193 - 198 have also been included in the app.
All the material can be accessed chapter by chapter.