EquiTrace is a revolutionary new App that slashes paperwork and rapidly traces horses as they move around farms, sales, competitions or even borders. By simply scanning an animal’s microchip with one of four microchip scanner the horse’s identity can be instantly verified and medical records entered can be displayed direct on the phone or tablet and shared securely with authorised members of the farm. When paired with the Merck Animal Health TempScan® microchip the Equitrace Temp app will display microchip temperature, which is recorded on an easy to read graph that rapidly highlights temperature spikes.
A GPS location is logged with every scan. Ideal for keeping track of horse’s health this combination of technology is the essential health monitoring system for any horse professional.
Uses for the App include;
• Daily health checks/keeping accurate medical records for individual horses.
• Monitoring horse temperature during transportation while also GPS tracking each journey.
• Ensuring horses that are away from home are receiving daily health checks and are in the correct location.
• Keeping 100 percent accurate movement records of horses on and off premises. Allowing complete compliance with movement regulations with the stroke of a scanner.
Ensure all staff can correctly identify every horse, every time. Keep complete notes on each horse, easily accessed by all staff. Health observations, veterinary visits, farrier visits and administration of medication can all be easily recorded as notes. By scanning the horse before giving medication, staff can cross check that they are giving the right drug to the right horse. They can then instantly record a note, facilitating compliance with regulations. The exact location of each horse when last scanned can be accessed and mapped by authorized users at any time.
• Horses are identified by their microchips
• Every time the microchip of a horse is scanned, the time, location and person scanning the horse is recorded. For temperature enabled microchips, the temperature reported by the microchip is also recorded.
• Notes on the horse can be accessed and updated quickly at the side of the horse.
• All notes and location data is held securely and encrypted – and is only accessible by authorized users.
• One user can be authorised for more than one farm.
• Horses on the farm are searchable from the App, without having to scan them first.
• All data can be viewed in the App, or emailed from the App as .csv files
• The information on identity of the horses on a farm and their microchip numbers can be uploaded from a spreadsheet and the information from horses can also be added the first time a horse is scanned.
• Notifies you if an unauthorized person scans one of your horses using the App.
The App works with either of two microchip scanners. Details of these scanners, information on how to connect them via Bluetooth to your phone, and a shop to purchase them is at www.equitrace.app
Multi-user and Data Storage Subscription (Equitrace Pro Cloud)
A subscription is required to allow you to store data and share to users you authorise on the same farm. Only one person per farm is required to subscribe. If you do not subscribe, the data will only be kept locally on your own phone and you will not be able to share it with other users, nor see scans and notes produced by other users.
• The subscription is charged monthly
• Different subscription levels are available for farms with different numbers of horses
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play Account at confirmation of purchase
• You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Merck Animal Health is not affiliated with EquiTrace Ltd. EquiTrace Ltd is fully responsible for the Equitrace app.
TempScan is a registered trademark of Intervet Inc., d/b/a Merck Animal Health, a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.