The White Pass Scenic Byway app is your go-to guide for exploring one of America’s Best Scenic Byways. Travel through Washington State's Volcano Country along the White Pass Scenic Byway, US Highway 12.
- Discover where to launch your boat and choose from over 3,000 campsites by rivers, lakes or deep into the forest.
- You can click on choices of beautiful northwest lodging in an Air BnB, historic lodge, mountain cabin or even a Native American tipi.
- Select world-class year-round recreation like hiking, water skiing, trophy fishing, or mountain climbing at Mt. Rainier or Mt. Adams.
- Hike in the Tatoosh and Goat Rocks Wilderness areas or discover 1000-year-old magical old growth forests at the Grove of the Patriarchs. You can start your journey on the Pacific Crest Trail, mountain bike in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest, white water raft the Tieton River or downhill ski and snowshoe at the White Pass Ski Resort.
- Download itineraries for Mount Rainier National Park, Mount Saint Helens National Monument and Mount Adams backcountry.
- Access turn-by-turn directions to the rural communities of Salkum, Mossyrock, Morton, Randle, Packwood and Naches. Just tap to add the local hotel, museum, and diner to your must-see list.
- Get to know the area’s thriving agricultural scene. On the west end of the Byway, see Christmas tree farms, blueberry and tulip fields and as you wind your way to the arid, eastern end of the Byway, enjoy wine country and fruit stands with apples, cherries, apricots for sale.
Let us help you plan a visit to our neck of the woods. Navigate our Byway and see rural America. It is authentic, natural and real. Then submit a photo of your experience. You will have memories for a lifetime! Sign up and stay in touch with our monthly e-newsletter.