An interactive British tree identification app from the Woodland Trust, the UK’s largest woodland conservation charity. In just a few steps, you can identify native and common non-native trees in the UK, whatever the season.
Use bark, twigs, buds, leaves, flowers and fruits or our A-Z guide full of stunning, clear images to identify the most common British trees.
Discover more about each species with fascinating facts, folklore, history and uses – from medicine to musical instruments.
- Recognise species in spring, summer, autumn or winter, even when there aren’t any leaves on the trees.
- Use the app when you’re out and about – no internet connection needed.
- Family friendly and easy-to-use.
- Packed with detailed images and illustrations for accurate identification.
- Read fascinating tree facts.
- Add identified trees to your favourites.
- Use the map to record trees you’ve found.