Bluetooth Keyboard becomes a remote app launcher.
Assign apps to the keys on keyboard, to launch them by pressing a single or a pair of keys.
- Launch app / trigger shortcut / show sub launcher by each app-launch "Func" key
- Use Windows* key as browser Func key
- Set key assignment in sub launcher for second trigger
*Left-meta key will be replaced by bundled key map (layout)
- Launch memo app instantly, anytime you get ideas.
- Trigger voice recognition app on remote tablet.
- Trigger shortcut of automation tool such as FRep series remotely.
Initial Settings (see images)
1. Pair (connect) the Bluetooth keyboard to your Android.
2. Push either of app-launch Func keys; Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Music. On Android 8~, combination with Meta key (Meta-B for browser, etc.) also available.
3. If "Complete action using" popup is shown, choose KeyTrigger.
If any key does not show the popup, try setting below (Win->Web) keyboard layout.
4. In green frame dialog, push Enter or tap "Tap here and setup default app for trigger key" at the top.
5. Again, you will see "Complete action using" popup, and in this time, Select KeyTrigger with Always.
Now you can launch KeyTrigger by pushing the app-launch Func key.
- Selectable Direct Launch, Second Key, or Unused for each app-launch Func key.
Direct Launch: start designated app/shortcut instantly when the app-launch Func key pushed.
Second Key: register multiple apps and shortcuts for sub launcher palette, which popup when the app-launch Func key pushed.
- Unused: disable KeyTrigger app for the app-launch Func key, to remove from app candidate list.
- Color variation of frame.
(Win->Web) keyboard layout (Android 4.1 or later)
If your keyboard has Windows key (or Left-meta key), bundled key layout can replace it with Browser app-launch Func key by steps below.
1. Pair (connect) your Bluetooth keyboard to Android.
2. Open Android Settings screen and select Language & input.
3. In Physical Keyboard section of Language & input screen, tap (your keyboard name).
4. In Choose keyboard layout popup, push Set up keyboard layouts.
5. In Keyboard layouts list, you can see (Win->Web) **** with (KeyTrigger) Android keyboard, and check one of them, then Back.
6. If the Choose keyboard layout popup says, "To switch, press Control-Spacebar" or such, do it to switch the keyboard layout to checked one. Then Back.
7. Now you can see the checked layout name under your keyboard name.
8. Try pushing your Windows (or Left-meta) key, which will popup browsers. Then go to step 4. in Initial Settings above.
- Run at startup: availability setting of activity for UNUSED app-launch key.
- Android 4.0.3 or later
- Physical keyboard (Bluetooth, usb, built-in or other)
If you have any question or request, please mail to us. The reply will be in English.
== DISCLAIMER ==
THIS SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING FILES ARE DISTRIBUTED and SOLD "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES AS TO PERFORMANCE OR MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. LICENSEE USES THE SOFTWARE AT HIS/HER OWN RISK. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.