App to solve problems and exercises of Engineering Thermodynamics. Fast and reliable calculations of psychrometric steam tables and thermal systems of water and other 55 substances. Ensure your learning with reminders of main concepts, equations and laws.
- Calculate states, processes and cycles of free-designed systems or theoretical exercises.
- State properties: Pressure, Temperature, Volume, Internal energy, Enthalpy, Entropy, Exergy, Pressure, Specific heat, Quality, and Saturated properties.
- Process properties: Heat, Work, Expansion work, Technical work, Flux work, and increments of main state properties.
- Cycle properties: Thermal efficiency, COP heating, COP cooling, plus all the process properties.
- Automatic calculation of cycles: Carnot, Otto, Diesel, Dual-Mixed, Stirling, Joule-Brayton, Regenerative heat exchanger*, Power Rankine*, Refrigeration Rankine*, and Rankine plus open or close heat exchangers*.
- Units: Pressure (bar, at, atm, kPa, MPa, psia), Temperature (K, C, R, F), Volume (m3, ltr, ft3, gal), Mass (mol, kmol, kg, lbm), Energy (J, kJ, kc, kWh, BTu), Power (W, kW, hp, hp(UK), BTus, BTUh).
- Substances: Water, Air, Ammonia, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Alkanes (Butane, Ethane, Heptane, Hexane, Isopentane, Methane, Octane, Pentane, Propane), Alkenes (Ethylene, Propylene), Refrigerants* (R-11, R-12, R-13, R-14, R-22, R-23, R-114, R-123, R-134a, R-c318, R-500, R-502, Propyl alcohol), Ideal gases (Water, Air, Ammonia, Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Methane, Acetylene, Ethylene, Hydrogen, Nitrogen (N), Nitrogen monoxide, Oxygen, Hydroxide, Chlorine, Fluorine, Hydrobromic acid, Hydrogen chloride, Hydrogen iodide, Hydrogen sulfide, Sulfur dioxide), Noble gases (Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, Radon).
- Configuration of the thermodynamic system as Control Mass or Control Volume (Closed system or Open system), and of the Sign Convention of the First Principle (∆U = Q - W, ∆U = Q + W), to calculate the Work of the processes according the problem.
- Customizable Ambient conditions for exergy calculation, and Reference State for matching the results with any bibliography.
- Interactive steam charts (Pressure-Volume, Temperature-Entropy, Enthalpy-Entropy, etc) with linear or logarithmic scales, automatic zoom and draggable rulers.
- Educational hints: Quick reminders of thermodynamic concepts and formulas.
- Error detection and correction: Calculations are accurate, but software bugs are unpredictable. If you find an error, explain me how to reproduce it so I can fix it. You will receive a free license with all the extra features for your collaboration.
- Extra features: You can buy-in extra features (marked with *) for advanced calculations.
- Test version: Get the latest features and enhancements as they are pushed out at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.xmuzzers.thermonator.
- Languages: English and Español are fully supported. Deutsch, Français, Nederlands, Português, Romanian, Catalá, Euskara, Galego are partially supported. Contact me to improve the translations.