HanYou allows you to instantaneously translate Chinese characters and text into English using the Camera on your device in real-time.
HanYou displays a pop up window containing English translations and pinyin forms of Chinese mandarin words & characters, when you point the camera at them using your iPhone or iPad. The App also allows you to take pictures or directly select them from your camera roll in order to translate any displayed characters and words.
HanYou also has a built-in drawing feature for you to draw and translate Chinese characters on your touch-screen, in order to learn and practice writing Chinese. HanYou also includes a dictionary searchable in Chinese (Hanzi / Piyin or drawing) or English.
HanYou fully works offline.
Tips / Features :
- translate all types of Chinese characters (simplified, traditional) into English
- look up Chinese or English words by typing or drawing the characters (free)
- detection and translation of Chinese characters in real time using the camera or on pictures imported from your device (paying feature, free for a one week trial period)
- get the pinyin form of the Chinese characters for easy pronunciation
- freeze the camera frame with the "Freeze" button and navigate through the picture by dragging the cursor
- tap to focus, zoom by pinching and move the picture or the cursor by dragging
- copy the recognized characters with a long press gesture for subsequent use
- read either horizontal or vertical text
- manually draw characters on your screen, recognize and translate them
HanYou is the sister-app of its Japanese counterpart Yomiwa.
Chinese , English , dictionary , character , kanji , character recognition , OCR , kanji recognizer , writing , drawing , reading , phonetic , pinyin , English translation , translate , translator , electronic dictionary, Chinese-English , translation , meaning , words , camera , translation , image , processing , handwriting , Hanzi , China , learn , recognizer , reader , picture , text , recognition , Simplified Chinese , Traditional Chinese , Pinyin