Mobile Observatory 3 Pro is the perfect tool for anybody interested in the sky's wonders, from the occasional sky gazer to the passionate amateur astronomer.
Do you want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? Would you like to be notified by your smart phone next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? Do you want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? Do you want to be always up-to-date which celestial events that are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
Mobile Observatory Pro is the successor to one of the most successful paid astronomy apps for Android (100 000+ downloads and a rating of 4.7). It has the following improvements compared to the previous version:
- Completely new user interface
- 45000 stars plus optionally 2.5 mio stars for download
- Photorealistic display of the night and day sky with correctly illuminated landscape. Its the only app on Android which renders the sky physically correct, taking into account atmospheric scattering. Only the real sky is more beautiful...
- Augumented sky view using your device's camera
- 3D-view of the Solar System
- Cardboard viewing of the night sky or the Solar System in 3D
- Map of the Earth showing day and night
- Daily notifications of current celestial events
- More than 60000 Minor Planets with daily updates of orbital parameters
- More than 1000 Comets with daily updates
- Artificial Satellites including the International Space Station (ISS)
- ... and much much more...
Mobile Observatory does not only include a live, zoomable sky map which tells you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
Keywords: Meteor shower, shooting stars