Welcome to the 21st Anniversary Edition of Backgammon. Relieve boredom, have fun and exercise your mind all at the same time with this classic board game.
Backgammon games have been played throughout the world for thousands of years. Continual updates and improvements ensure this remains one of the top versions of Backgammon available.
In essence Backgammon is a simple race game. The object is to move the pieces around the board towards your inner table. Once all 15 of your pieces have arrived in the inner table, they can be removed from the board. The first player to remove all his pieces from the board is the winner. Although game play is highly skilful, moves rely on the roll of the dice introducing an element of luck.
A common complaint against all Backgammon dice games is that they cheat. So does it cheat? absolutely not, what would be the point? Still don’t believe us then roll your own dice outside the game and enter those values to play against any of the game levels. Backgammon also keeps track of all the dice rolls so you can check on the game yourself.
Back gammon is also known as Backgamon, narde, tavli, gammon, nardi, shesh besh! or tavla.
* Play against the computer or another human player on the same device.
* Multiple levels of computer play, ranging from beginner to expert.
* High quality artificial intelligence engine particularly at expert level.
* Understands all the official rules of Backgammon, particularly those concerned with bearing off.
* Optional play with doubling dice.
* Support for alternate boards and pieces.
* Full undo and redo of moves.
* Show last move.
* Score card.
* Backgammon is just one of our large collection of best of breed classic board, card and puzzle games available for a wide range of platforms.