The Rocks of the Czech Republic application provides the user with a complete database of all rock objects and climbing routes registered by the Czech Mountaineering Association, including clearly signaled information on temporary and permanent climbing bans. With the Skály ČR application, you have current and verified information in your pocket.
The Skály ČR application offers:
- complete database of climbing rocks in the Czech Republic
- basic parameters, description and characteristics of individual rocks and ascent routes
- marking the location of rocks on the map
- navigation to reach the rocks, including an azimuth direction and distance indicator
- evaluation of the popularity of rocks and paths
- photo gallery of ascent routes with the possibility to add your own photos
- Possibility to focus on the spot from the application and fill in the missing position of the rock
- possibility to report damaged protection
- marking of parking spaces and public transport stops at the rocks
- connection to navigation applications, such as Mapy.cz or Google Maps
- search results sorted by database structure
The application also works offline. You can download the required areas or sectors (without photos) to your phone for later use offline. Even offline, you can suggest data changes, rate, add location, or add new photos. The new data is queued and transferred to the database only after the phone is connected to WiFi.
By adding photos, coordinates, and trail characteristics, you improve the quality of the information that serves the climbing community. Climbers for climbers.
Details for cooperation from mapy.cz: https://www.horosvaz.cz/udrzba-skalnich-oblasti/mobilni-aplikace-skaly-cr-a-mapy-cz/.
Application development continues, this does not end there. More advanced features and improvements are in preparation!