VideLibri protects you from missing the deadline for loans from libraries and public libraries and having to pay overdue fines to the library.
For this purpose, the list of loans is regularly downloaded from the OPAC, a warning is given before the loan period expires and books that can be renewed are extended. You can also use other functions of the library catalogue.
- Tested with 200 libraries
- Supports 20 library systems
- Any web page can be configured as a data source, so you can use it with any web page and any library with minimal HTML knowledge
- simultaneous display of all loans from multiple accounts
- Media due soon warning; more reliable than notification emails from the library, since once a delivery date has been saved on the mobile phone, it is always saved, while with emails you never know whether they will arrive
- Extension of the books, manually or automatically before the deadline
- Saving a history of all books ever borrowed, so that in 100 years you still know when you borrowed what
- XQuery search in the history, e.g. by the most frequently borrowed author and the average borrowing time
- Catalog search
- Ordering and reservation of non-borrowed media
- Links to the library catalogue
The list of all tested libraries can be found at: http://videlibri.de/libraries.html
From 2006 to 2013, only libraries where a lending card was available were listed to test account functionality and ensure that all functionality is working correctly for all listed libraries. Since 2013, the list has also included libraries where only the search could be tested without a lending card, otherwise the impression would be given that it would not work there, although it already works and just could not be tested.
Some city libraries where account access was tested: City Library Aachen, Association of Public Libraries Berlin (VÖBB) and State Library, City Library Biel, Bielefeld, Braunschweig, Chemnitz, Darmstadt, City Libraries Düsseldorf, City Libraries Dresden, City Library Gießen, City Library Hannover, Koblenz, Linz , Leipzig, Lübeck, Munich City Library, Rüsselheim City Library, Nuremberg City Library, Stralsund, Library Verl
Academic libraries: RWTH Aachen University Library, Berlin University Libraries, Düsseldorf University and State Library (HHU), Düsseldorf University Library, Dortmund University Library, Hamburg Campus Catalogue, Erfurt University Library, Hildesheim University Library, Lübeck Central University Library, Münster University Library, Hanover University Library , Ilmenau University Library, Stuttgart University Libraries
Only the search was tested in the city libraries of Augsburg, Bremen, Duisburg, Erlangen, Frankfurt am Main, Herne, Kiel, Cologne, Neustadt, Neuss, Rostock, Saarbrücken, Vienna and Wiesbaden; Bremen State Library; as well as university libraries Erlangen-Nuremberg, Halle, Jena, Kiel, Osnabrück, Magdeburg, Mannheim, Munich, Saarbrücken.
The source code can be found at http://code.videlibri.de. There are also the original Windows and Linux versions. Since the Windows version of VideLibri - developed in 2006 - is the world's first library app, every other library app is a VideLibri imitation.