Digital Data Collection and Field Trials via Speech
Can data from field trials be collected via speech? Of course, using smatrix – THE language assistance software for simple data collection using your voice. The days of using clipboard, pen and laptop are numbered. All you need to complete a professional field trial is a tablet or smartphone along with a microphone headset.
Your business – your benefits
Field trials via speech are particularly exciting for users working in the areas of plant breeding, disease and pest control, variety and performance testing, residue testing, ecotoxicology, forestry, aquaculture and viticulture. Because smatrix is the first field trial software that works both hands-free and eyes-free, making it much easier for you to collect data in the field. Just think of the pitfalls of constantly switching between the object (plant) and the device (data table on the clipboard or laptop) and adverse weather conditions. Experience the pleasure of simple, error-free assessment of the plants in your trials:
• Your hands and eyes are free to focus on the task at hand.
• You no longer have to switch between assessment, scoring and data documentation (prevents errors, improves data quality)
• smatrix saves you time and money - data captured by voice is transferred directly to a digital spreadsheet
• You don't need an internet connection, your data is safe: the software works offline during the data collection process.
New Android version
The Windows version of smatrix agroscience is being used worldwide to great effect in plant breeding, variety and active substance testing and performance testing. Now we are also offering for free (till 31.12.2019) an Android version, which is equally intuitive to use. The software is easily configured using a touch display, and these settings can even be modified during the field trials. However, the key element is that you operate and navigate the software using your own voice.
Getting the most out of smatrix
To get you started right away, our quick language training ensures that the software is properly 'tuned in' to your pronunciation and environment. If you also use a high-quality headset, e.g. USB Type C with noise cancellation, you're all set for voice-controlled scoring in your field trials!
smatrix Android - Your features
• Data collection and navigation by voice
• Hands-free / eyes-free thanks to voice input: no more switching focus between the object (plant) and device (data table), no slipping down rows of the table and no subsequent corrections required.
• UI optimised for outdoor use
• Data collection in offline mode: no internet required, data security is guaranteed
• Data grid can be exported to Excel and as a CSV file
• Customisable features and tailored trial units
• Straightforward test structure setup - for rapid deployment
• Individual language training: to optimise speech recognition in just a few steps
• Specifically for the 'Agroscience' version: pre-loaded terminology and value ranges from the agricultural sector that can be expanded in the field.
• Available in German and English (extended functions: French, Spanish and Dutch)