Digital Data Collection and Field Trials by Voice
Can data from field trials be collected by voice? Of course, using smatrix – THE language assistance software for simple data collection using your voice. The days of using clipboard, pen and laptop are numbered. All you need to complete a professional field trial is a tablet or smartphone along with a microphone headset.
Your business – your benefits
Field trials via speech are particularly exciting for users working in the areas of plant breeding, disease and pest control, variety and performance testing, residue testing, ecotoxicology, forestry, aquaculture and viticulture. Because smatrix is the first field trial software that works both hands-free and eyes-free, making it much easier for you to collect data in the field. Just think of the pitfalls of constantly switching between the object (plant) and the device (data table on the clipboard or laptop) and adverse weather conditions. Experience the pleasure of simple, error-free assessment of the plants in your trials:
• Your hands and eyes are free to focus on the task at hand
• You no longer have to switch between the assessment and data documentation (prevents errors, improves data quality)
• smatrix saves you time and money - data collected by voice is transferred directly to a digital spreadsheet
• You don't need an internet connection, your data is safe: the software works offline during the data collection process
New Android version
The Windows version of smatrix agroscience is being used worldwide to great effect in plant breeding, variety and active substance testing and performance testing. Now we are also offering an Android version, which is equally intuitive to use. The software is easily configured using a touch display, and these settings can even be modified during the field trials. However, the key element is that you operate and navigate the software using your own voice.
Getting the most out of smatrix
To get you started right away, our quick language training makes you familiar with the software. If you also use a headset with noise cancellation, depending on the device for e.g. USB Type C, you're all set for voice-controlled rating in your field trials!
smatrix Android - Your features
• Data collection and navigation by voice
• Hands-free / eyes-free thanks to voice input: no more switching focus between the object (plant) and device (data table), no slipping down rows of the table and no subsequent corrections required
• User Interface optimised for outdoor use
• Data collection in offline mode: no internet required, data security is guaranteed
• Data grid can be exported to Excel, as a CSV file or pdf
• Customisable terms and trial units
• Straightforward trial structure setup - for a quick start
• Specifically for the 'agroscience' version: default terminology and value ranges from the agroscience sector that can be expanded in the field
• Available in German, English, French, Spanish, Dutch and Portuguese