Thousands of monuments and historical buildings across Germany on your mobile phone: With our app for Germany's largest cultural event, coordinated by the German Foundation for Monument Protection, you can go on a monument discovery tour. The Day of the Open Monument® inspires millions of visitors every year on the second Sunday in September. Many buildings open exclusively for the Open Monument Day and give you unique insights.
BIG MONUMENTS IN A SMALL FORMAT – THE PROGRAM FOR MOBILE PHONE AND ON THE GO
From guided tours in otherwise inaccessible places to concerts in historic walls to themed bike tours: Discover monuments and exciting (cultural) places in your area, read about their history and browse through thousands of free events on Open Monument Day. Or you can explore monuments all over Germany digitally - via video, podcast or 360° panorama on your mobile phone.
MONUMENT HIGHLIGHTS AT A GLANCE
Would you like to plan your Open Monument Day in advance? No problem! You can save the most exciting events and locations at any time. Thanks to the calendar and reminder function, you won't miss a thing, and route planning will help you navigate from memorial to memorial on September 11th.
THE APP AT A GLANCE
* Information on thousands of open monuments on Open Monument Day nationwide: background, history, opening hours and program
* Program highlights throughout Germany
* Interactive map with all participating monuments and events
* Versatile search and filter options
* Notepad for your favorites
* plan your personal Day of the Open Monument using the calendar and reminder function
* Navigation/route planning to the nearest monument
* Reading function for monument descriptions
* Current and new from the world of monuments
* Explore monuments digitally: videos, audio contributions and 3D panoramas