*** DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices! For a free app you can use to test compatibility, see the "Remote Release" app ( http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.remoterelease ) ***
*** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION ***
*** BAD/CHEAP/LONG CABLES WILL CAUSE FREEZES AND ERRORS ***
We strongly suggest you read up on the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) about what DSLR Controller can do, how it works, and how to use it, before purchasing. The website contains a wealth of information you should know before using. Be sure to read the FAQ!
If you need a refund, go to our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ). We cannot process refunds through email.
Usage notes, feature lists, device compat. list, changelogs, FAQs, can all be found on our website: http://dslrcontroller.com/
Most questions should go to the support and discussion thread at XDA-Developers.com:
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View
- Auto Focus (tap Live View)
- Manual focus adjustments (in AF mode)
- Zoom control
- Grid and aspect ratio overlay
- Bulb capture
- Continuous capture
- Image review (+ follow shot, gallery)
- Image filters (peaking, contrast, channel mask, grayscale, 4 modes/filter)
- Video recording
- HDR/Auto Exposure Bracketing
- Focus Bracketing (incl. HDR)
- Focus A-B
- Mirror Lockup support
- Timelapse (incl. HDR)
- Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Extensive modification of settings
-- Shutter speed
-- ExpComp and Bracket
-- ISO speed
-- Auto-Focus Mode
-- Focus and Zoom area (tap-and-hold Live View)
-- Picture Style
-- Drive Mode
-- White Balance
-- Color Temperature
-- Auto-Lighting Optimizer
-- Metering Mode
-- Image and video quality and format
Available options depend on the mode you have your camera set to (M, Av, Tv, etc) and camera model. Refer to the website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) for further details.
If you are connecting using Wi-Fi, virtually all 1ghz+ Android devices are supported (your camera needs Wi-Fi support, though). If you are connecting over USB, your device needs USB host support. Compatibility listed below is based on USB support. Most unlisted but recent devices will be compatible, but not all.
A more extensive and detailed list is available at our website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) on the devices page. We always welcome information on devices that are not listed on our page.
For most devices you need a USB host ("OTG") cable, for some you need a special adapter. Not all devices are supported on all firmware versions. See the devices page on our web site for further details on both.
Supported popular Android devices (USB)
- Nexus: Galaxy, 7, 7 2013, 10
- Samsung: S2 (4.0+), S3, S4 (4.3+)
- Samsung: Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014
- Samsung: Tab 8.9", Tab 10.1", Tab 2 7", Tab 2 10", Tab 3 7"
- HTC: One X (4.1+), One X+ (4.1)+, One (4.3+)
*Not* supported popular Android devices
- Nexus: 4
- Samsung: Low end devices, Mini series
- HTC: Anything before HTC One X
Some of these can be made to work with some hackery (root, custom kernels - not supported), but don't work out-of-the-box.
Supported Canon EOS models:
- Full support: 1D mk IV, 5D mk II, 5D mk III, 50D, 550D, 6D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 7D, 70D, 700D, 750D, 1100D
- Limited support: 1D mk III, 1Ds mk III, 30D, 40D, 400D, 450D, 1000D
- No support: older models
Let us know which hardware you are using with DSLR Controller!
You need an USB OTG cable for connecting your camera to your phone.
Not all phones/tablets are compatible. You need at least 4.x Android or higher with USB host support.
For more information check:
Instant Guide to DslrDashboard by Dmitri Popov:
This app is free with no ads so please don't add negative comments just because you ROM don't have the required USB support.
And no it's not only the kernel that needs to have USB support but your Android to. Some of Android 2.3.x have the required USB support but not all, so before you give a negative comment at least check if your ROM supports USB devices (USB accessory support is not enough)
Constructive comments are welcome.
Change camera properties,
Browse images on camera,
Transfer images from camera to Android device,
Preview images (jpg and raw),
Live view histogram,
Manual focus movement while in live view,
Start movie recording (only on camera models that support it),
Custom bracketing (up to 9 images),
Time-lapse (simple and advanced with control file and ability to move focus and send commands to Arduino),
Sound initiated capture (with spectral display and frequency/intensity selector,
Nikon flash commander dialog (CLS) for easy settings (only on camera models that support it),
Custom profiles for camera properties, custom bracketing, focus stacking, flash commander
Remote control over wireless network (Android devices must be on same network)
Support for WU-1a/1b adapter (PTP/IP)
LRTimelapse help screen - read more about it at https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/wiki/lrtimelapse
-View the scene through the camera lens live in the app window.
-Establish a wireless connection and take pictures with the camera or remotely from the Android device (see note).
-Download new pictures automatically.
-View existing pictures remotely and download selected photos.
-Pass photos to other apps via the OS "Share" intent and share them hassle-free.
-Add location data from the smart device to pictures during upload.
-Control optical zoom on COOLPIX cameras (see note).
-Control the overall brightness of pictures during shooting (see note).
-Use the camera to select pictures for download before connecting (see note).
-If both the camera and smart device support NFC, touching the device to the camera automatically launches the app for a hassle-free connection (see note).
-Take pictures with the self-timer.
-Synchronize the camera clock with the smart device.
-Note: The features available vary with the camera. See the camera manual or the link below for details.
-The app may not recognize photos taken with non-supported cameras.
-The app can not be used for remote movie recording. It can be used to download movies from compatible cameras (COOLPIX S6900 and S3700 excluded) but not to play them back.
-The photo and movie portions of Motion Snapshots are treated as separate files.
-Only one camera can be connected at a time.
-Enable NFC on the smart device before using it to launch the app and connect to the camera.
-Performance varies with network and local conditions.
-The app may not function as expected when installed on devices that have not been tested and approved for use.
-A display with a resolution of at least 800 by 480 pixels (WVGA) is required.
For more information, see the app manual, which can be downloaded from the following URL:
Before using the app, download and read the End User License Agreement, available at the following URL:
•Supported Digital Cameras (as of April 2015)
Requires a camera with built-in wireless LAN or support for the WU-1a/b wireless mobile adapter.
The S800c and S810c are not supported.
D610, D600, D750, D7200, D7100, D3300, D3200, D5500, D5300, D5200, Df
Nikon 1 V3, V2, J5, J4, J3, S2, S1, AW1
COOLPIX S7000, S6900, S6800, S6600, S6500, S9900(s), S9700(s), S9600, S9500, S5300, S5200, S3700, L810, P520, P330, P7800, P900(s), P610(s), P600, P530, P340, COOLPIX A, AW130(s), AW120(s), AW110, AW110s,
•Smart Device System Requirements
Android 4.0 to 5.1
A smart device with support for GPS.
•Supported Devices (as of March 2015)
The following smartphones are supported (Android version):
Galaxy S5 (4.4.2), S4 (4.4.2), S3α (4.3), S2 (4.0.3)
Galaxy note 3 (4.4.2)
Nexus 9 (5.0.1)
Nexus 7 2013 LTE (4.4.4), 2013 Wi-Fi (5.1), 2012 Wi-Fi (4.4.4)
Nexus 6 (5.0.1)
Nexus 5 (5.0.1)
Nexus 4 (4.4.4)
Sony Mobile Communications Xperia Z3 (4.4.4)
LG Electronics G2 (4.2.2)
HTC J One (4.4.2)
HUAWEI Ascend P7 (4.4.2)
Android, Google Play, and related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trade names mentioned in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
The Nikon Manual Viewer 2 app is used to download and view manuals for Nikon SLR cameras. Downloading the manual for your camera lets you access the instructions at any time, on line or off.
Manuals can only be downloaded online. A Wi-Fi connection is recommended for downloads over 10 MB. Depending on network conditions, download may take over 10 minutes.
■Using the Viewer
Tapping a manual in the library launches the viewer. Links are indicated by colored text: tapping a colored word or number takes you to the linked page.
*Android 2.3.3 or later recommended.
As you view live images from the camera in EOS Remote, you can remotely set the focus, adjust shooting values, and release the shutter.
You can also browse images on the camera's memory card, select images, and save them to your device.
Take EOS Remote along with your camera to enjoy photography in more ways.
- Access Wi-Fi–equipped EOS cameras wirelessly over a local network connection.
- Remotely adjust shooting values on EOS cameras: Av, Tv, ISO, and exposure values.
- Remotely select AF point positions, adjust focus, and release the shutter.
- Remotely browse, delete, and rate still images and movies shot with EOS cameras.
- Save images shot with EOS cameras to your device.
- Share images for which device-specific remote viewing restrictions have been configured on EOS cameras.
- Establish a direct connection with EOS cameras in Camera access point mode, in addition to Infrastructure mode connections.
New functions for version 1.3.0
- Support for new camera model EOS M3.
- Support for importing MP4 movies. (EOS M3 only)
- Support for Android terminals with NFC. (EOS M3 only)
- Support for saving original-size JPEG images.
- Improved camera setting function for remote shooting.
Canon EOS digital cameras
- EOS 6D (WG)/(W) , EOS 70D (W),EOS M2(W),EOS M3
Requires Android OS
- Android OS smartphone 2.3.3－2.3.7/4.0－5.0
- Android OS tablet 4.0－5.0
-Android OS smartphone/Android OS tablet
Supported File Formats
- JPEG, RAW, and MOV,MP4 files shot with compatible cameras
- MOV files shot with compatible cameras cannot be saved to your device.
- Compatible cameras cannot be accessed from multiple devices at once.
- Remote capture of movies is not supported.
- A flat design and simple operations that improve photos
The design and the user interface have been revamped so that users can better enjoy viewing photos than ever before. A flat design and intuitive operations have been introduced to improve photos.
- Three views make it easier to browse and search your photos
The software provides three different types of thumbnail views to help you find your favorites while comfortably viewing photos.
- Grid View: Allows you to view all stored photos at a glance. Recommended when browsing many photos at one time.
- Flow View: Just flick up or down to view photos as if they were flowing. Good for viewing photos sequentially.
- Map View: The locations where the photos were taken are indicated on a map together with the photos. It is helpful for browsing your photos by places where the photos were taken.
- Photos and albums, and the people they've been shared with are now clear at a glance.
The app now displays whom each photo or album has been shared with. It is also easy to cancel sharing.
- Photos in a smart device are accessible without signup
You can now instantly view photos stored on a smart device without signing up or logging in to "NIKON IMAGE SPACE."
- Both photos uploaded to "NIKON IMAGE SPACE" and those stored on the device may be viewed.
- Switch between the three views to enjoy viewing photos in a form suited to your preferences.
- Photos can be viewed by sorting them, for example, by shooting date or camera model.
- Photos can be rearranged into an easy-to-understand organization with the use of albums and boxes.
- Photos can be rearranged simply by performing drag-and-drop operations of their thumbnails.
- The background processing feature allows the app to be operated while the upload or download process is underway.
- The photos you want shared can be shared with the intended people by sending a URL.
- The app allows you to post photos on Facebook or Twitter.
- Access to all functions requires a signup with "NIKON IMAGE SPACE." Signup is free of change.
Android 4.0 and later
- Android and Google Play are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc.
- Other names of products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Le fotografie condivise dagli autori, attraverso le azioni dei visitatori del sito ricevono un punteggio che tiene in considerazione diversi parametri di gradimento.
Attraverso questa APP abbiamo il piacere di condividere le migliori opere di ogni autore il tutto corredato da dati di scatto, dati sul dispositivo utilizzato e dall'opportunità di commentare e colloquiare con il fotografo.
"Outstanding! This is by far my favorite camera app" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"Insane how good this app is!" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"Excellent !! This apps is worth 5 star and worth to buy. It so unbelievable crazy!" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"The apps is great, fast, and does an excellent job. Thanks!" ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
"Excellent !!" "Bestest!" "Love it!" "Simply fantastic" and so on :) ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
DSLR Camera Pro is a professional camera app designed to mimic a DSLR as good as possible. It's ergonomic, powerfull & easy to use - most settings can be reached in just one tap. No fancy filters, photo frames etc. Just pure photography - that's our motto.
Here are the major features that you get:
• two-state shutter button - press to focus, release to take a shot
• moveable viewfinder - to set focus-area anywhere you want
• live histogram
• exposure compensation
• flash mode - auto, on, off, torch
• light metering mode - matrix, center-weighted, spot
• autofocus mode - single, continuous, face-detection etc.
• white balance
• drive mode: single, burst, timer etc.
• scenes - portrait, landscape etc.
• color effects
• grids: rule of thirds, golden ratio etc.
• volume keys as shutter buttons
• front-facing camera support
Please note that many features are hardware-dependent. This means they won't be available for you if your device doesn't support them.
This app is inspired by our experience with some great photo equipment, like Nikon D90 and Canon EOS 60D, Panasonic Lumix FZ-8 or even Nokia Pro Camera.
★ Works ONLY with
- Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets with the built-in IR blaster
- or with newest HTC, Sony, LG etc phones and tablets with the built-in IR blaster AND Android >4.4 KitKat or newer version with native IR support.
★ NO additional hardware is needed
★ Supported cameras: Canon, Fuji, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and Sony
NB! With some phones in power saving mode or with almost empty battery the IR sender might not work.
If this app doesn't work with your phone then poor rating certainly doesn't motivate me to fix bugs or implement new features. Instead feel free to e-mail me (your exact camera and phone model).
DSLR Controller AFMA is an app made to assist Auto-Focus Micro-Adjustment calibration of your lenses on your Canon EOS bodies, based on the moiré method.
It is based on the code for DSLR Controller ( http://dslrcontroller.com/ ) and as such runs on the same devices and has the same connection capabilities. Of course, your camera must support Auto-Focus Micro-Adjustment for this to be useful at all.
It is currently in alpha stage. I'm releasing it in the currect state because I will be out of the country for a while, and I won't be able to finish it up further before I go. The manual ( http://dslrcontroller.com/afma/ ) seems long and daunting, but once you've used it once or twice, it really only takes a minute or so to set up.
You can play with it now for free. Fair warning, it wil probably transition to a (cheapish) paid product if it ends up being useful.
Read more in the quickly improvised manual which can be found on the DSLR Controller AFMA website ( http://dslrcontroller.com/afma/ )
Discussion, bug reports, etc can go in the thread on XDA-Developers ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2662743 )
You can view all the lenses at once or you can view lenses in a selected category. You have the ability to sort by aperture, minimum focal length and ESP (Estimated Retail Price).
Each lens has a detail page which provides links to the Nikon web page detailing the lens, reviews of the lens from third parties (if available - brand new lenses might not have reviews yet) and where to rent the lens (United States only).
!!! WORKS ONLY WITH AN EXTERNAL DIY BLUETOOTH MODULE !!!
Control your camera from your Phone or tablet.
- White balance preset (AWB, Sun, shade, cloud, ...)
- Modify WB color temperature in manual WB (Only for Nikon)
- Exposure compensation
- Take photo (stored on the DSLR)
- See your battery level
- See Focal used (only for Nikon)
- See Mode (Manual, Aperture priority, ...)
- See the exposure level (Only for Nikon, same as exposure meter of your DSLR)
This application only works with a Hardware module (DIY), easy to build.
This module is designed for works whith Smartphone and the "Photographer Tools" project.
It commnunicate with Smartphone or tablet in BlueTooth.
You can see all informations at:
Rating and Reviews:
To give a constructive score
it is best to leave a comment.
How to judge an application, positively or negatively,
who works only with an external module that you have not build?
How can you destroy a several months with a negative rating (score):
- Without actually test the application with its external Bluetooth module?
- Without leaving a constructive review?
Thanks to leave a comment when you leave a star rating.
● All photographic parameters are adjustable and always at hand: exposure compensation, ISO, light metering mode, focus mode, white balance and program mode.
● DSLR-like viewfinder display: see exposure time, aperture and stops display with EV and bracketing settings, in real-time!
● Full fledged exposure bracketing: from 3 to 7 frames, unlimited stops spacing, plus custom EV shifting.
● Built-in intervalometer: make stunning timelapses (even bracketed/HDR timelapses) and time-controlled picture series.
● Program and Speed-priority modes.
● Long exposure support: take beautiful night photos and light trails with long exposure times up to 30 seconds**.
● JPEG, true 16-bit RAW in DNG format*, and lossless PNG photo capturing formats, perfect for post-processing.
● Manual shutter speed: from 1/80000 to 2", or the range available on your device*.
● All camera functions assignable to volume keys. You can adjust EV, ISO, color temperature and more using volume keys. Devices with hardware camera shutter key are also supported.
● EXIF and XMP sidecar metadata support.
● Autofocus, macro, touch-to-focus, true manual focus* and infinity focus modes. Autofocus lock feature (AF-L).
● Autoexposure (AE-L) and auto white balance (AWB-L) locks in Android 4.0+.
● In background photo and RAW developing and processing allows a smooth, uninterrupted camera operation.
● Digital zoom using multitouch pinch gesture. Also shows 35mm equivalent focal length!
● The most advanced electronic viewfinder: live RGB histogram, 10 composition grid overlays and 9 crop guides available.
● Powerful organization options: different storage locations and fully customizable file names (even with variables).
● The user interface is available in more than 30 languages.
This camera application completely avoids scene modes, instead you get full manual control over all photographic parameters, just like you do with a reflex camera, so you can ultimately control every aspect of the picture, and leave the post-processing to the computer. So after your DSLR, you will never miss a photo opportunity again, being able to capture it with the closer sensation to your DSLR as possible.
The Lite version is a fully functional version of Camera FV-5, with limited picture resolution support. Please buy Pro version to unlock all your device's resolutions and enable RAW capture (if it is supported on your device).
IMPORTANT: If you find a bug using the application, PLEASE, visit the web page http://www.camerafv5.com/ or write to email@example.com with your phone model name and the description of the problem, before writing a negative comment. Customer satisfaction is our priority, and we will do our best to fix the issues as soon as possible!
Connect with Camera FV-5 and stay always up to the latest information about current and future development. Visit the official website http://www.camerafv5.com, be a fan of http://www.facebook.com/CameraFV5, subscribe to http://www.twitter.com/CameraFV5 or watch tutorials at http://www.youtube.com/user/camerafv5.
* Requires Android 5.0+ and a fully compliant Camera2 implementation. Currently only LG Nexus 5 and Motorola Nexus 6.
** Requires Android 5.0+. Compatible as well on the Samsung Galaxy Camera (1 and 2), Galaxy S4 Zoom and HTC One (M8). On Android 4.4 or older, long exposures lowers picture resolution to 2 or 1 MP, depending models. The reason is explained here: http://www.camerafv5.com/faq.php#long-exposure-resolution
allows you control your Canon DSLR from your Android phone or tablet through Arduino Bluetooth Connection!
THE DslrRC Hardware Receiver IS REQUIRED FOR THIS APP!!!
The DslrRC Hardware Receiver is available for purchase at http://dslrsystems.com/?page_id=57
or build it by yourself: http://dslrsystems.com/?page_id=61
DslrRC Wireless Remote Controller is the app that allows you to control most of a camera's functions from your Android device.
- Android 2.0 or Up device
- Canon EOS DSLR
- The Hardware Arduino Bluetooth receiver
Features include but are not limited to:
- Live View (basic function "Turn On/Off Live View on camera LCD")
- Auto Focus
- Manual focus adjustments
- Video Recording
- Timelapse Controller
- Focus position
- Shutter speed
- ISO speed
- White Balance
DslrRC Remote Controller has been tested with the following hardware:
- Canon EOS: 5D Mk II
and should work with 50D, 500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3, 550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4, 60D, 600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5, 7D, 1100D / Rebel T3
NOTICE: This is a BETA / PRE-RELEASE version. The product is not finished yet and there still might be some issues.
LightMeter's reflected light meter only works with devices that are able to save exif data. Incident light meter should work on any device, but it is usually insufficient for real photographers.
Be advised that the precission and quality of this and all phone light meters is limited by the device itself. I recommend using the reflected light option, the precission can be really good.
-Incident light metering (needs light sensor)
-Reflected light metering (needs camera, only a few are compatible)
-Spot measure if camera has zoom.
-Support for all screens, including extra high resolution.
-Want more? get the noAds version, this one only gets bug fixes updates. And the noAds version gets real improvements like: Better performance than LightMeter Free, Camera sound can be muted. (not in all countries), Exif and sensor info on screen optionally, Incident light metering hold, Alternative ISO selector, State and ISO recall on resume, and much more as long as I keep getting downloads. Currently I'm getting support from 0.016% of the users. Thank you!
If you need help email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (Spanish and English)
App permissions: The app uses the standard permissions for an ad based app that uses the camera and light sensor. There is plenty of info about this on google search so you can check. AdMob is used.
Thanks for your support
Reflected light Compatibility list:
Acer: A100, A500
Alps: Lenovo A750, Micromax A110, N7000+, Spice Mi-500
Amoi: Amoi N808
Asus: Transformer Pad TF 300T, PadFone Transformer Prime TF201, TF101
Htc: One S, One X
Huawei: Media Pad
Lenovo: ThinkPad Tablet
Lge: LG-E970, LG-F100S, LG-F200K, LG-MS840, LG-P768, LG-P920h, LG-P930, LG-990, LG -999, LG-VM696, Optimus 2X, VS950 4G, Nexus 4
Motorola: A953, Droid, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Droid X2, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid 3, Droid X, ISW11M, MB525, MB526, MB855, MB860, Milestone, Milestone X, MotoA953, Xoom, XT910
Samsung: GT-I5510, GT-I5700, GT-8150, GT-I8160, GT-I8190, GT-I8530, GT-I9000, GT-I9000B, GT-I9001, GT-I9003, GT-I9070, GT-I9070P, GT-I9100G, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, GT-I9300, GT-I9300T, GT-N7000, GT-N7100- GT-N7105, GT-N8000, GT-P1000, GT-P1000N, GT-P1010, GT-P6200, GT-P6800, GT-P7300, GT-P7500, GT-P7510, GT-S5360, GT-S5660, GT-S5830, GT-S5830D, GT-S5830i, GT-S5830M, GT-S5830T , GT-S5839i, GT-S7500L, GT-7510, GT-S5360, GT-S5560, GT-S5830, GT-S5830D, GT-S5830i, GT-S5830M, GT-S5830T, GT-S5839i, GT-S7500L, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Nexus S 4G, SGH-I317, SGH-I717, SGH-I727, SGH-I747, SGH-I777, SGH-I897, SGH-I997, SGH-T898, SC-02B, SC-03D, SC-05D, SCH-I400, SCH-405, SCH-I500, SCH-I510, SCH-I535, SCH-I605, SCH-I905, SCH-R720, SCH-R760, SCH-I317M, SCH-I717D, SCH-I727R, SCH-I747M, SCH-I897, SCH-T889, SCH-T959D, SCH-T959V, SCH-T959W, SCH-T989, SCH-T999, SHV-E110S, SHV-E120K, SHV-E120S, SHV-E150S, SHV-E160K, SHV-E160S, SHV-E210L, SHV-E210S, SHV-E250K, SHW-M110S, SHW-M180K, SHW-M250K, SHW-M250S, SHW-M440S, SPH-D700, SPH-D710, SPH-L300, SPH-L710, T959, YP-G1, YP-G70, Galaxy Nexus
Sharp: Infobar A01, IS17SH, SH-12C
Sony Ericsson: IS11S, LT15a, LT15i, LT18i, LT22i, LT26i, LT26w, LT28h, MK16a, MT11i, MT15a, MT15i, SK 17i, SO-02C, SO-03D, ST17i, ST18i, ST25i, ST27i, WT19a
Sony: MT27i, ST25i
ThL: ThL V9
Toshiba: AT100, AT300
Wiko: Starway (maybe others too)
USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket!
- Wi-Fi support (Nikon WT and Canon WFT modules, Canon 6D, Nikon D7100 etc.)
- Automated focus bracketing (focus bracketing, exposure bracketing and time lapse shooting can be combined in any way possible)
- Focus stacking result preview
- Extra long exposures - up to 32 min (all Canon cameras, Nikon D750 / Df / D600 / D610 / D800 / D810 / D4 / D4s / D7100 / D7200 / D5200 / D5300 / D5500)
- Advanced exposure bracketing
- Image review
- Geotagging (on devices with GPS receiver)
- Full screen Live View
- Focus areas highlighting
- Live View noise averaging
- Time lapse shooting
- Video recording
- Burst (continuous) shooting
- Hyper focal distance and DOF calculator
- Live histogram (gray/RGB)
Please see http://heliconsoft.com/heliconremote.html for more information about the desktop version of Helicon Remote
- Android 3.1+
- USB host (also called USB OTG) support (USB OTG adapter is required if your device doesn't have full size USB socket). Note that some Android devices have limited USB support. Those will not detect cameras, even if they detect other devices like USB sticks or mice successfully. You can use this app to find out whether your device has full USB OTG support: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tauruslabs.usbhostcheck
- Touch screen
Note: Motorola Droid phones need externally powered USB hub/dock station. Many HTC devices don't have USB host at all.
Canon: 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1D C, 1D X, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 6D, 7D, 7D Mark II, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7, 450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2, 500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3, 550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4, 600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5, 650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6, 700D / T5i / Kiss X7i, 1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F, 1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50, 1200D / T5 / Kiss X70
Nikon: D4, D4s, Df, D600, D610, D750, D800/D800e, D810, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, D3, D3s, D3x, D700, D300/D300s, D90 (D3000 - D3300 are not supported).
Video recording: Nikon D5100 / D5200 / D5300 / D5500 / D7000 / D7100 / D7200 / D800 / D810 / D600 / D610 / D750 / D4 / D4s, Canon 1d Mark IV / 1D X / 1D C / 5D Mark II / 5D Mark III / 7D / 7D Mark II / 60D / 70D / 500D / 550D / 1100D / 600D / 650D / 700D / 6D / 1200D
Limitations: free (unregistered) version does not allow to shoot in RAW format. A license can be purchased from http://heliconsoft.com or via menu/Register button from within Helicon Remote.
Additional features in the donate version:
1. Integrated ND calculator
2. Home screen widget for shutter release
3. Control via the devices volume buttons
4. Motion Trigger using the phones/tablets cameraon
5. Exposure end notification
6. Video Start/Stop button for Sony NEX cameras
Standard functions (among others) are:
1. Simple Remote control
2. Delayed Shots
3. Series of shots with fixed interval (e.g for time lapse)
4. Bulb exposures
5. Combinations from 2., 3. and 4.
6. High-Dynamic-Range-Sequences (HDR)
7. Time controlled HDR-Sequences (Combination of Timer and HDR)
8. Triggering of shots or start of Timer or HDR sequences by the ambient light sensor on your smartphone (keyword: light barrier)
9. Triggering of shots or start of Timer or HDR sequences by the internal or an external microphone
In various models Canon seems to limit the precision of the bulb mode to one second. So HDR exposures below 1 second and/or with a fraction of a second (as 1.5 sec) are rounded to the full second. DSLR Remote Plus can't do anything about that! Reported models so far: 400D, 500D, 550D, 5D II.
Using a built-in IR sender:
DSLR Remote should work with the built-in IR sender of the followig devices (don't forget to choose the right camera brand and to switch your camera into remote mode):
- All Samsung devices with built-in IR sender
There seems to be a bug in some/all Samsung devices: in power saving mode the IR blaster doesn't work correctly! So, make sure to switch your device into normal (non-power saving) mode before using DSLR Remote.
- All HTC devices with built-in IR sender
The QRemote API Revision 4 should support sending raw IR data (neccessary for DSLR Remote to work) on the following devices:
- G Flex2, G2, G3, G3 A, G3 Screen, G Pro2
(for more details see http://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveOverview.dev?categoryTypeCode=ANRS#supporteddev)
The QRemote API Revision 3 only supports sending raw IR data on the following devices:
Unfortunately, doesn't the Sony native IR API provide the feature needed by any remote app like DSLR Remote, as is deploying its own IR codes as data with the app. The only thing possible in the API is using codes learned from physical remotes or codes supplied with the phone/tablet. If your device doesn't run Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) or Kitkat can not support the built-in IR hardware of your device for the above mentioned reason, please use a IR dongle or cable release hardware as described on the DSLR Remote website.
With integration of the Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat) IR API DSLR Remote should work with all devices with a built-in IR Blaster supported by the Kitkat IR API.
Using DSLR Remote hardware:
Caution: a few smartphone types do not output high enough volume on their ear phone jack to make the infrared harware work properly. In addition a few camera types (e.g. Canon EOS 550D) are still not properly controlled remotely via the infrared receiver. In that case you might want to choose the cable control (transistors) instead.
Supported camera brands when using as an infrared remote:
Canon, Fuji, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax and Sony
If it doesn't work for you, feel free to contact the author, instead of voting one star. Contact informations are given below and on the authors website (http://bitshift.bplaced.net).