Regardless of whether you are an adult or a young explorer of the unique Nibelungen city of Worms: our new app offers you exciting and entertaining tours of the most popular sights. Our highlights - imperial cathedral, Jewish cemetery “Heiliger Sand” and Luther memorial - are also on the program, as are other sights that you should definitely not miss on your visit to Worms! The “Luther in Worms” tour is a highlight: With the help of Augmented Reality (AR) you travel to the year 1521 and experience the events of Luther's refusal to revoke at the Reichstag. In a graphic novel you will meet Luther and other protagonists of this historically significant event. AR technology resurrects historical buildings at their former location.
During the tour you will receive interesting background information and learn more about the special features of these places in an entertaining way. You can collect or choose special stickers for your "selfie" greeting from Worms.
We cordially invite you: Become an explorer, immerse yourself on your foray into the more than two thousand year history of our city and get to know Worms (even better)!
This app offers you:
• Entertaining tours through Worms (short, long or individually according to interest and time)
• compact & informative: interesting facts about the most popular sights of the city of Worms
• Retelling of the events surrounding Luther's refusal to revoke (graphic novel)
• digital replicas of historical buildings in their original size using augmented reality
• for listening or reading
• with many (historical) pictures (Worms then - today)
• Navigation and GPS-based map
• Sticker selection for your "selfie" (some to collect)
• Additional information & tips from Tourist Info Worms (e.g. restaurants, parking, public toilets)
Supported language: German
Note: We recommend that you bring headphones with you for a better listening comprehension on the go.
For the best user experience, your smartphone should be a newer model, but have at least Android 7.0 or higher.