People interested in culture can discover the city's highlights thanks to the Kulturpunkte app. As a mobile city guide through Hamburg's area and culture, it provides an overview of around 300 cultural institutions, informs about art pieces in public areas as well as monuments in the city. Hamburg's cultural places in the categories art, museum, music, theatre, libraries, monuments, cinemas, memorial sites and places to experience are marked on a map - the cultural points (Kulturpunkte). For each point, there is a detailed page with the most important information, images and contact data.
Ranging from the history of Hamburg's art hall to the current project of the city-district cultural centre "Motte" up to information about the Bismarck memorial - the Kulturpunkte app allows you to experience all of these.
Via a city map, the cultural points can be easily found and compiled into your own personal cultural city tour thanks to a favourites function. The app also includes seven suggestions for tours covering diverse themes such as, for example, "art mile", "classical music" or "churches". The two audio tours "palm trees, ships and concrete" as well as "trains, meadows and hotels" elucidate the art pieces all around the Alster as well as the route from the Deichtor halls up to the Reeperbahn. Throughout these two approx. 90-minute tours, the listeners find out more about the artists, the works of art and their integration in the city's surroundings.
The Kulturpunkte app is well suited to prepare a visit to the city, as a companion on a cultural discovery tour or to conveniently look up information.
All the information is available in English and German.
The Kulturpunkte app offers a simple and efficient map function with helpful features - all the cultural points at a glance.
- precise filter function according to category
- list view with customisation to filters
- individual location icons for each category
- each cultural point is linked to a detailed view
- selected tour suggestions lead to different cultural points and are listed on a separate map view
- links to all cultural institutions provide information that is updated daily and offers access to ticketing
- quick access to the route planer for individual institutions
- the event calendar of hamburg.de can be called up from within the app