Digitally healthy with the teaching material - Medienplanet! An interactive learning offer for primary school children.
The interactive teaching material sets new standards in the contemporary promotion of media skills. The free app supports you in designing your learning space and can be used flexibly and across subjects without any prior knowledge. Versatile interactive exercises and numerous creative tools, embedded in a child-friendly narration, ensure lasting enthusiasm among students and educators.
Whether in class or at home, in individual or group work - with Medienplanet children learn with a lot of fun how media and health are related.
The app makes the interactive exercises of the “MedienUniversum” teacher portal available for tablets. Find out more at https://medienkompetenz.tk.de.
Learning with the Dorkies - playfully explore the digital world
On their journey through space, the funny, media-loving Dorkies came across the strange human species. To find out more about them, the extraterrestrials beamed the well-known children's television star André Gatzke onto their spaceship and the media adventure began ...
Together with the dorkies, the children work on exercises on topics such as “practical media work”, “stress and relaxation”, “nutrition”, “advertising”, “media hero and identity”, “gaming” and “smartphone and internet”. The sympathetic yellow aliens give feedback on every task and also help the children to critically reflect on their own use of the media.
• Preventively promoting media skills: How do I protect myself and others? How do I behave fairly and politely online? What is data and who can do something with it? Which photos can I post and which not? What can I do if I feel stressed from the flood of cell phone messages? What tricks does advertising use? With exercises on these questions, the students acquire knowledge on various health-related topics and are also able to analyze and evaluate digital media.
• Versatile design options: The students can get involved in various learning topics and implement their ideas with a wide range of creative tools: write their own texts, create digital works of art with the painting tool, create topic-specific mind maps and upload their own photos.
• Develop your own media products: shoot a commercial for a healthy food? Explain a situation with the help of a cover film? Produce a radio report or tell a sound story? No problem, because the dorkies give specific instructions and tips on how to do it. Various templates, such as storyboards, checklists or questionnaires, support the students in implementing their fantastic ideas.
• Create comics: why not tell the life of your media hero with a picture story for a change? With this function, the students can create their own comic and reflect intensively on topics. Backgrounds, figures, speech bubbles and effects help you design. You can also upload your own photos and integrate them into the comic.
• Quizzes and games: Knowledge is reflected on and deepened using playful exercises and quizzes. The classmates can also form teams and compete against each other.
Danger! Because the Dorkies are so curious, they are just at the beginning of their journey of discovery. Many new exercises on other topics will soon be added.