With the GemeindeApp, church congregations receive a forum for exchange and cooperation between people who care about the congregation. The GemeindeApp provides different areas for this:
1. In a virtual showcase, users can find out more about current activities and news in their parish and make announcements themselves.
2. A calendar informs about upcoming appointments in the parish.
3. In the service area, there are contact options for employees (e.g. pastors, community educators, the community office or the community's day-care centers).
4. A group area allows the formation of groups and the exchange within the groups (sharing of content, communication by means of a chat).
5. A final area, called dialogue, allows members to introduce themselves and maintain contact with other members.
The GemeindeApp thus represents a virtual meeting point for the congregation, comparable to a room in the congregation hall or the church building.