The Siedle App turns the mobile phone into a mobile upgrade of a door intercom system from Siedle: It allows you to see who is standing outside your door, talk to visitors at the entrance and open the door if you choose – no matter where you are. The connection is established via WLAN or via the mobile phone network* (e.g. 3G). The video image is immediately available. The speech quality fulfils Siedle's stringent standards, and the door is opened by pressing the familiar key symbol with a fingertip.
* The Siedle app transmits the audio signal via the data channel of the mobile phone network (VoIP).
Depending on the tarif and contractual conditions of the network provider, this use of the network may be inadmissible or entail costs. Some providers also attempt to prohibit or restrict VoIP functionality. The degree of voice quality depends on the local signal strength of the mobile network.
The Siedle app is the mobile complement to a door intercom system. For this reason, Siedle recommends including a wired indoor station in your system planning alongside the app.
– Audio and video door communication
– Door release, light switching
– Hands-free function
– Secure door release function
– In-call volume adjustment possible
– Microphone muting
– Manual door dialing
– Accessing the system picture memory
– Siedle ringtones
– Latest software version: V. 2.0 for SG 650 or V 2.0 for SG 150
– Active internet connection: Upload
The frame rate (number of frames per second) of the transmitted video stream from the Smart Gateway to the Siedle Server depends on the data transmission rate that is available for this connection at the time of the door call. The Smart Gateway dynamically adapts the frame rate to the available bandwidth:
* Minimum bandwidth: 2 MBit/s (approx. 5 frames/second)
* Recommended bandwidth: 4 MBit/s (approx. 10 frames/second)
- The Siedle app was developed for mobile phones with Android operating system version 7 or higher. The market release was carried out with the following reference devices: Samsung S7 (Android 7), Samsung S8 (Android 8), Google Pixel 2 (Android 8/9)
– Stable Wi-Fi or mobile network connection (3G/4G/5G):
The frame rate (number of frames per second) of the transmitted video stream from the Siedle Server to the Siedle App depends on the data transmission rate that is available for the mobile network connection at the time of the door call:
* Bandwidth 2 MBit/s: approx. 5 frames/second are shown
* Bandwidth 4 MBit/s: approx. 10 frames/second are shown