The GC Wizard is an open-source tool collection.
It was originally created to offer Geocachers as an offline tool to support them with in-field mysteries and riddles. So, the GC Wizard contains numerous tools for simple cryptography, geographic and scientific calculations as well as hundreds of sets of various symbols.
Meanwhile the project became very huge and might be practicable for many non-Geocaching issues.
• Formula Solver: For handling multi stage variables
• Multi Decoder: Enter an unknown code and let several decoders and calculators interpret it in a row
• More than 200 sets of Symbol Tables: Direct decoding symbols to characters; save own encoding as an image
• Online Manual: Every tool has its own manual page, translated into 🇬🇧 🇩🇪
Cryptography & Encodings
• Alphabet Values (A = 1, B = 2, ...): Configurable alphabets with language specific special character handling
• Braille graphical decoder: Type the points into a graphical interface; supports different languages
• Book Cipher: Choose the correct system (e.g. Line + Letter Number or Section + Line + Word Number, ...), handle special characters and empty lines, ...
• Enigma: A full working Enigma simulator incl. numerous possible settings
• Esoteric Languages: Generators and interpretors for several esoteric programming languages like Brainf**k, Ook, Malbolge and Chef
• Numeral Words: Lists of important numbers in different languages. For English + German there are parsers to identify even complex numeral words
• Substitution and Vigenère Code Breakers: Try to find the solution without knowing the keys
• Classic Codes: Playfair, Polybios, Railfence, ...
• Historic codes: Caesar, Vigenènere, telegraph codes, ...
• Military codes: ADFGX, Cipher Wheel, Tapir, ...
• Technical encodings: BCD, CCITT, Hashes (incl. brute-force hash breaker), RSA, ...
• High precision coordinate algorithms which support even very long distances by always considering the earth's shape (ellipsoid)
• Support of different ellipsoids, even other planets
• Coordinate Formats: Support of UTM, MGRS, XYZ, SwissGrid, NAC, PlusCode, Geohash, ...
• Waypoint Projection: Includes precise reverse projection
• Open Map: Set own points and lines, measure paths, export as and import from GPX/KML files; OpenStreetMap and satellite view
• Variable Coordinate: Interpolate coordinate formulas if some parts of coordinate are not given. Show result on map
• Cross bearing, Center point of two and three coordinates, different intersections of lines and circles, ...
Science and Technology
• Astronomy: Calculate position of sun and moon at a certain place and time
• Color Space Converter: Convert color values between RGB, HSL, Hex, CMYK, ...
• Countries: ISO, calling and vehicle registration codes, flags
• Date and Time functions: Weekday, time differences, ...
• Irrational Numbers: π, φ and e: Show and search up to > 1 Mio. digits
• Number sequences: Factorial, Fibonacci and Co.
• Numeral Systems: Converts decimal to binary, hexadecimal, ...
• Periodic Table of the Elements: Interactive view; lists which order the elements by any criterion
• Phone Keys: Converts classic phone keys to letters. Supports phone model specific behaviours
• Prime Numbers: Search prime numbers up to 1 Mio.
• Segment Display: Graphical interface for decoding and encoding 7 to 16 segment displays
• Unit Converter: Length, Volume, Pressure, Power and many more; convert between common units incl. prefixes like micro and kilo
• Apparent Temperature, Cross Sums, DTMF, Keyboard layouts, Projectiles, Resistor codes, ...
Images and Files
• Hex Viewer
• Exif/Metadata Viewer
• Analyse frames of Animated Images
• Color corrections: Adjust contrast, saturation, edge detection, ...
• Search for Hidden Data or hidden archives
• Read QR/Barcodes from images, create them from binary input