Learn to read quickly, safely and with fun: The scientific Springer publishing house now offers the successful “IntraActPlus” learning program as an interactive app. Thanks to auditory feedback, children, illiterate adults and people with a migration background can learn to read easily and largely independently with this app. A trial chapter is freely available in the free basic version, the full content can be purchased via an in-app purchase.
The printed learning material "Learning to read and spell according to the IntraActPlus concept" (to be found at www.springer.com), on which the app was developed, has been an insider tip among teachers and learning therapists for years and is used in funding institutions , Schools or privately used successfully by parents. The concept takes into account experimental studies, which are considered "milestones" in psychological research. The app can be used separately or in addition to the printed work - e.g. for practical exercises on the go.
Special features of this app
• Easily understandable exercises allow younger children to learn largely independently.
• The absence of disruptive and distracting stimuli enables full attention to be paid to the respective learning content.
• Integrated audio feedback facilitates independent learning for the child, as it teaches children and parents with a migration background the correct pronunciation of letters, syllables and words from the basic vocabulary as well as entire sentences.
• NEW: The app can be adapted to the needs of children with motor and / or sensory restrictions through individual setting options for the size of letters or navigation fields as well as the speed of the page transitions.
• By grading the level of difficulty in small steps, excessive demands and errors are avoided. This leads to rapid learning success and a high level of motivation to learn.
• The exercises are so extensive that sufficient repetition is possible for each individual learning step.
• The learner determines his own learning pace.
The areas of application
This learning app is just as suitable for normal and highly gifted children as it is for those with learning difficulties, dyslexics, children with language disorders and children with a migration background. It can be used in kindergartens, preschools, 1st and 2nd primary school classes, integration and special needs schools as well as in dyslexia therapy and prevention - and of course by parents, at home and on the go.
The app is based on scientific research
To be able to read quickly, confidently and effortlessly is the basis for acquiring knowledge in almost all other areas of learning. Studies have shown that children with higher reading skills build up a greater vocabulary, better understanding of texts and greater general knowledge as a result.
In order for the reader to concentrate fully on the content of a text, basic skills must be automated. Such automation, which goes hand in hand with profound restructuring of the nerve cells in our brain, is only possible if the following conditions are met:
1. A large number of repetitions
2. As far as possible error-free learning
These two conditions are implemented in the IntraActPlus learning material for each individual learning step:
• Recognize the letters and translate them into the appropriate sound
• Recognition of orthographic peculiarities and translation into the corresponding phonetic unit (e.g. , , , , , )
• Combining letters and recognizing syllables and
• Fast, visual capturing of words
A detailed presentation of the learning theory basics for the structure of this app can be downloaded here as a PDF: https://www.intraactplus.de/lesen-und-rechtschreiben-lernen/