- designed for art lovers who want to learn about the most famous 100 artworks in the world.
- unique teaching method: learn efficiently with a quiz game.
- specially written and arranged questions to help reinforce and retain the knowledge.
- 900 questions in 90 levels help you learn not only the basics (names and artists) but also the artworks’ details and interesting facts.
- unlimited tries in each level: don’t be afraid of making mistakes but learn from them.
- get constructive feedback and review your mistakes.
- click on an image and zoom in to explore the details.
- includes masterpieces from around the world).
- includes masterpieces by the most prominent artists in history.
- includes masterpieces covering almost all major art movements.
- after finishing all the levels, you’ll be able to recognize the masterpieces when visiting a museum or art gallery.
- explore all the artworks at your own pace on the Explore screen.
- Info screen offers detailed explanation of how to make the most of the app.
- high-quality images and easy to understand user interface.
- absolutely no ads.
- works completely offline.
About Art Academy
Art Academy teaches artworks in a unique way, combining learning and playing. It teaches the most famous 100 paintings and sculptures in the world with around 900 questions in 90 levels, which range from European art to American art and to Asian art, from ancient Greek and Egyptian sculptors to Michelangelo and to Antonio Canova, from Leonardo da Vinci to Vincent van Gogh and to Salvador Dalí, from the Renaissance to Impressionism and to Surrealism, and from the 14th century BC to the 20th century.
It’s not surprising that you’ve heard of Mona Lisa, The David, The Scream, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Starry Night and so on, but how much do you actually know about them? With Art Academy, by playing a quiz game, you’ll gain a deep understanding of the most famous masterpieces in the world.
Art Academy teaches artworks in a unique and efficient way. The 900 questions were written one by one and designed and arranged in such a way that they help reinforce and retain the knowledge. For example, some later questions are based on what you’ve answered before and while you recall what you’ve learnt and deduce from it, you’re not only acquiring new knowledge but also reinforcing the old knowledge.
This particular teaching method distinguishes Art Academy from other art learning apps on the market and makes it stand out.
100 most famous paintings and sculptures in the world:
from Italy, France, The Netherlands, Spain, Germany, the UK, the USA, Japan, China and more;
by Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent van Gogh, Edvard Munch, Johannes Vermeer, Pablo Picasso, Claude Monet, Hokusai, Rembrandt, Edward Hopper, Grant Wood, Francisco Goya, Wassily Kandinsky and 60+ more famous artists;
of Ancient art, Medieval art, the Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Neoclassicism, Romanticism, Realism, Impressionism, Surrealism and more;
in Italy, France, The Netherlands, Norway, the USA, Spain, the Vatican, Austria, Germany, the UK, Switzerland, Russia, Japan, China and more.
After clicking a level, you’ll see the learning screen, where you can see the paintings and read about their name, artist, dimensions, current location, time created and art movement. Each level presents 10 paintings and you can click the left and right round button at the bottom to go through them.
Once you feel you are familiar with the paintings, click the start button to start the quiz game. Each level has 10 questions and depending on how many correct answers you get, you’ll get 3, 2, 1 or 0 star(s) after finishing a level. At the end of each level, you can choose to review your mistakes.
Have fun learning!