Ballroom Competition Trainer is a valuable tool for the dedicated Ballroom Dancer, who wishes to prepare for e.g. a competition final in the most realistic musical settings.
Without Ballroom Competition Trainer, preparing the proper music for training sessions can be difficult and tedious. You may be spending a lot of time in various music editing applications, trimming your songs to a given duration, and afterwards arranging them in a fixed playlist.
Worst of all: This means that you will often end up practicing to the same songs in the same order session after session. This again means that you will not be trained for a competition setting in which you don't know what music will be played.
Furthermore, this approach is inflexible. Imagine that for one session you might like to dance 1:30 minutes of each dance, but for the next session you would like to dance 2:00 minutes. You would probably need to redo the entire music editing procedure to construct a new playlist.
Ballroom Competition Trainer is completely on-the-fly configurable, and eliminates all these downsides of having to prepare your music.
App features include:
- 6 pre-defined sessions (Standard WDSF/WDC, Latin WDSF/WDC, Smooth and Rhythm)
- 31 pre-defined templates (29 dances, 1 generic pause and 1 generic interval)
- Create your own templates to use as building blocks for your custom training sessions
- Create your own custom sequence of dances, pauses and intervals
- Specify common durations for the steps in your sequence, or assign individual durations to each dance, pause or interval step (optionally with randomization)
- Choose the desired number of heats for your training session
- Repeat your sequence any number of times (e.g. for endurance training)
- Assign playlists, albums, genres, songs or folders from your media library to each of your dances, pauses and intervals (e.g. audience applause or dance announcements during pauses)
- Random selection of songs for each step (no two training sessions will be the same)
- Apply tempo ranges (MPM or BPM) to restrict the number of valid songs for individual dances or intervals (e.g only play Quicksteps at 52 MPM)
- Tempo adjustment of songs (either automatic within user-configured tolerances, or on-the-fly during your training session)
- Session Readout for full control over your training session while it is being played
- Detailed logging of all performed training sessions
- In-app instructions, helping you through the initial app configuration
- Backup and restore your app data via Google Drive.
- Support for MP3, MP4, M4A.
Once you have configured playlists, songs or genres for each of your dances, all of the above features can be controlled on an ad-hoc basis, and adjusted within seconds during your training sessions. This enables you to focus on perfecting your dancing skills, rather than acting as a DJ.