Gaia Mission allows you to discover the details of Gaia, the cornerstone astrometry mission of the European Space Agency (ESA) to survey our Galaxy. The main goal of the Gaia mission is to make the largest, most precise three-dimensional map of our Galaxy by surveying an unprecedented one per cent of its population of 100 billion stars.
• Explore the satellite in amazing 3D, locate all high-tech components and understand its purpose and operation.
• Experience the science behind Gaia with unique interactive demos.
• Discover the billion star surveyor and have all mission details at your fingertips.
• Dive into the science and technology of this amazing project with stunning images and impressive videos
• Keep updated with the satellite operations in real-time.
This application has been developed by Institut de Ciències del Cosmos – Dept. Astronomia i Meteorologia of the University of Barcelona, within the mobile project of the UB.
This project was co-financed by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) – Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.