Internet - In order to download data
Call phone - Any phone number that appears in text can be clicked on to call that person
Write to storage - For use with google maps cache
Location - For finding your location on the map
More from developer
The App includes Basic information about what rain gardens are and how they work; guidance on how to design and install them properly; and tips on maintaining your garden. The app includes several short video tutorials to help users with each step of the process.
Through the App’s Plant Selector tool users can select native, noninvasive plants and their cultivars that are known to work well in rain gardens. Plants can be selected based on plant type, sun exposure, and bloom color.
There are also tools for determining rain garden size based on the size of the area draining to it, a soil drainage map to help determine if a rain garden makes sense in a particular area, and a simple cost calculator to gauge cost.
Users can also store information in the App about the Rain Gardens they have installed and set maintenance reminders for multiple gardens.
It is currently geared primarily toward users in CT, so the plant catalog and mapping tools are specific to that area. However, the general information and tips are applicable anywhere. We hope to have a nationally applicable version available soon.
There are many features included in myUConn from accessing emails and phone numbers of faculty, staff and students to LIVE tracking of busses and browsing dining menus. This app is a perfect way for you to discover what UConn has to offer. Explore more by reading the full list of features below:
• Campus Directory
• Dining Menus
• Bus Tracker
• Course Catalog
• Events Calendar
• Daily Digest
• WHUS Radio Live feed
• Student Resources
• ID Finder
• Campus Directory – Search and browse for emails, phone numbers, and mailing addresses of university faculty, staff, and students. Save recent searches, add people directly to your contacts, or do a reverse lookup by phone number.
• Dining Menus – Easily see what’s on the menu at any of the dining locations on campus. You will find it effortless to see what’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner. All menus are broken down by the current week, so you can see what’s going to be served on Monday or later in the week on Friday.
• Bus Tracker – Save time by seeing when a bus is going to be at the next stop. Our GPS tracking system will give you accurate real-time information. Search by Line or by Stop. You can also view all of the bus routes in full screen and use your multi-touch screen to pinch and zoom for better detail.
• Maps – Find where you need to go easily by picking a location/building from the menu and seeing where it is at on the interactive map. You can also pinpoint your exact location with the GEO Locator.
• Course Catalog – Quickly search through the current course catalog by drilling down by Career and Subjects. Use the Search feature to easily find a course you’re interested in and view the details of that course. You can also favorite a course to view it later.
• Athletics – View current UConn sports headlines, upcoming events, schedules, and latest scores. Drill down by team and view the latest photo galleries, rosters and player bios.
• Events Calendar– Check out the latest events from the main UConn events calendar. Set which calendars you want to view or view by calendar. Customize your experience in the settings tab.
• Daily Digest – Keep up-to-date with the latest news from around campus.
• WHUS Radio – Listen LIVE to our local radio station!
• Student Resources – Find phone numbers, links and descriptions to many helpful resources around campus from tutoring to public safety.
• Alerts – Stay informed by being notified of the campus emergency alert system.
More features will be added on a regular basis. Have a great idea for a new feature? Let us know! Help us build a great experience for everyone.