Users can narrow the species list for any location in North America using the phone's GPS, network signal or any entered address or zip code. Basically the application can become “Woody Plants of Where You Are Standing”. For example, it can become the “Woody Plants of Southwestern Oregon” , the “Woody Plants of Central Park” or the or “The Woody Plants of 37.108 lat., -80.452 long., elevation 2118”.
Users can further narrow the species list by answering a series of very simple tree attribute questions such as where the plant is growing, leaf shape, leaf arrangement, flower color or fruit type.
The species list can also be narrowed by typing a keyword such as oak, Abies, red or palm. For example if oak is typed only oaks found in the defined area will be listed.
A feature also allows you to send any tree related question to “Dr. Dendro”, a tree expert in the Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation at Virginia Tech. You can send a tree description or pictures of your plant and experts will help with identification.
• 969 woody plants from all over North America
• Over 6,400 color photographs of leaves, flowers, fruit, twig, bark, form, and range map for each species
• In depth description of all plant parts
• Narrows species list based on your location and elevation using the phones GPS, network signal or user entered location
• Search for species by a key word, e.g. maple
• Identify species by answering a series of simple questions. A picture is displayed showing what is being asked.
• Navigate between species with a push of a button.
• Send a tree question to “Dr. Dendro” a tree expert at Virginia Tech
VIRGINIA TECH TREE IDENTIFICATION DIGITAL MATERIAL
Visit our web sites at: http://dendro.cnre.vt.edu
Woody Plants in North America, 2012, Kendall/Hunt Publishing is a multimedia tutorial on DVD covering 920 woody plants with over 23,000 color photographs of leaves (summer and fall), flowers, fruits, twigs,
bark and form for each plant. The software displays multiple images of all plant parts so user can develop a “feel” for normal field variation. A customizable, self-quizzing section allows users to evaluate their progress in plant identification. For more features on this software visit: http://dendro.cnre.vt.edu/dendrology/wpina.htm
The 650 MB database of tree photographs and text is downloaded from our server. We recommend you install Virginia Tech Tree Identification using a fast WIFI connection. A cellular connection will generally be too slow.
Text and photography by John R. Seiler, John A. Peterson Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation, Virginia Tech and Ed Jensen, Forest Ecosystems and Society, Oregon State University
Programming by Robert Potts
Technical support by Andrew Meeks
You can also contact Acton, donate and refer a friend through the app.
The Acton Institute for the study of religion & liberty is a non-profit think tank in Grand Rapids, MI. The Mission of the Acton Institute is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles.
Kurukshetra 15 with will be a fest you don’t want to be missing out. Kurukshetra’15 is scheduled to happen between January 28-31 , 2015 at College of Engineering, Guindy in Chennai, Tamilnadu.
This app will throw a light on the various events, workshops, lectures , exhibits and other prominent features of K! 2015
This App provide the view of official website on the Android product.This App is designed to provide applicants and students with all information, course and test offered.
The goal: to create a positive visitor experience making it easy for visitors to plan, book travel, and navigate the Virginia Tech Campus.
Features of the Visit Virginia Tech mobile campus guide include:
- Location-aware navigation
- Directions to campus and directions for getting around campus
- Area Hotels and Dining Directory
- What to See, Know, Do and where to Park
- Admissions Tour and Information Session Schedules
- College Contacts and Information Session Info
- Campus Building Directory
- Self-Guided Campus Tour
- Virginia Tech Wallpaper
- Campus Photos and Building History
- Turn-by-turn Directions
- Area attractions and information about the New River Valley region
Don;t Forget to share this app with your friends :)
The application contains following sections :
1. Diplomacy / International relations (IR)
2. Environment and Biodiversity (EnB)
6. Letter to the Editor
7. UPSC Related Sites
8. Know Your English
9. Faking News
Latest : Now we have added NCERT Books column and Various important magazines like Yojna, Kurushetra, pratiyogita Darpan, Exam Resource and other related magazines. Apart from various important events from year 2001 to 2010 is also added as a new section.
More to come ... Keep watching :)
Check our other application to get discounts on online e-shops at : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=webmaggu.com