Learn to sight-read music with MusicTutor SightRead (MTSR). MTSR is a quiz game designed for music students, for learning to read (and write) music in an easy and pleasant way.
MTSR includes some games, but all them work the same way:
1) The program ask a question, which is shown on a panel (question panel)
2) The user answers, using another panel (answer panel). If the answer is correct, a sound is played, corresponding to the question made; if not, a failure sound is played.
These are the included games:
1) Read staff: The programs draws a staff in question panel, and a note in its position. The user must answer with a keyboard.
2) Write staff: The program shows a note name in question panel. The user must answer using the answer panel (which draws a staff) dragging the note to its correct height.
** Game modes
1) Timed tests: during the selected time interval, the user answers questions. Correct and wrong answers are accounted, and when the time is over, a score (based on correct&wrong answers and time) is shown.
2) Study: the user answers questions without any time limit. In this mode, the "Learn" button is available, and it changes program behaviour.
3) Learn: in this mode, the user touches the answer panel, and the program shows the question (or questions) which would have been answered by given answer.
** Time options
Game time can be chosen. If "0" is chosen, the game has no time limit and "Learn" mode can be activated.
Stored results from previous tests can be shown.
** Notation Systems
- English (C, D, E, F, G, A, B)
- Italian (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si)
- German (C, D, E, F, G, A, H)
MTSR is designed to work in any screen orientation (portrait, landscape), and screen sizes (phone, tablet). Help is included.
Learn and enjoy with MSTR!