The Cartograph app views Mapsforge offline vector maps and records tracks.
Please contact us if you have any questions, problems, or feature requests: https://www.cartograph.eu/v3/contact/
## Map features
- View Mapsforge offline vector maps (including OpenAndroMaps.org maps!).
- Support for OpenAndroMaps render themes (Elevate, Elements), which are great for hiking, mountainbiking, running, and other outdoor activities.
- Other supported offline map formats: MBTiles (raster and OpenMapTiles MVT vector), TwoWays RMAP, Locus SQLite, Oruxmaps SQLite.
- Supported online map types: Mapbox vector tiles (MVT - OpenMapTiles style), Bing quadkey tile format (raster), OpenStreetMap slippy tile format (raster), raster WMS (web map service, including layers and styles).
- Offline hillshading and slope mapping (*).
- Mapsforge multi-maps (combine multiple Mapsforge maps into a single map) (*).
- Classic Mapsforge and new Mapsforge VTM rendering support.
- Stack multiple map layers on top of each other (including transparency) (*).
- 3D buildings (*).
- Create custom Mapsforge maps (**).
- Grid overlays, including WGS84, UTM, MGRS (military grid reference system), and many local projections (*).
- Supports classical latitude/longitude (WGS84), UTM, MGRS, and many local (proj4) coordinate display projections.
- Online map tile downloader (*) (see https://www.cartograph.eu/v3/online-map-tile-downloader/).
- Image to map calibration tool (*) (https://www.cartograph.eu/v3/image-to-map-calibration-tool/).
## Tracks and routing
- Track recording while the app is in background (*).
- Draw custom tracks using the track drawing tool (*).
- Photo-, video-, and audio waypoints (*).
- BRouter offline route calculation (*).
- OSRM routing.
- Google Directions, Bing Routes (**).
- Basic offline navigation with voice instructions and custom audio instructions (*).
- Waypoint alerts (*).
- Current route elevation profile (*).
- Import and export *.gpx, *.kml, *.kmz (only import) tracks.
- Import EXIF JPEG photos and Google Takeout as bookmarks (*).
- Garmin icon support (*).
- Live friend tracking (share your location with friends live on a map) (*).
## Other features
- Measurement tools (distance, elevation profile, circular distance) (*).
- Workspaces (manage sets of maps/overlays/tracks) (*).
- Cloud sync (backup data and synchronize data among multiple devices) using Microsoft OneDrive, DropBox, or your own web server (*).
- "What's here" (reverse geo-code).
- Built-in offline overlays for drinking water, supermarkets, hostels, and restaurants.
- Search: Google Places, Bing, Nominatim (**).
- Supports WunderLINQ (https://blackboxembedded.com/) and Carpe-Iter-Control (https://carpe-iter.com/carpe-iter-control/).
- Included translations: English, German, Hungarian, Polish, Traditional Chinese.
- Create your own translations: https://www.cartograph.eu/v3/add-ons/translations/
Items marked with (*) are available in the full version which is available as an in-app-purchase.
Items marked with (**) require credits which can be obtained in the app.
## In app purchases
The Cartograph app offers in-app-purchases for activating all features, and for accessing 3rd party services (such as Google Directions).
A detailed description of all products is available here: https://www.cartograph.eu/v3/in-app-purchase-info/
The Cartograph app allows you to record your location ("track recording") while the app is in background. Location services can significantly increase battery usage.