This application is used to communicate to EnvLoggers via NFC (near field communication). It is used to configure missions, plot temperature data and save them to the phone's memory. It can also be used to send data via email.
Data are saved as CSV files, which are human-readable and easily imported into R, MatLab, Excel or similar.
EnvLoggers are contactless miniaturised temperature loggers. Their main features are:
1. They are sturdy, waterproof, and resistant to UV.
2. Their battery life spans over 2 years (sampling at every hour).
3. The memory stores between a minimum of 15000 and a maximum of 25000 readings at a resolution of 0.1 ºC. The firmware uses a data compression algorithm and the amount of compression depends on the data structure. When readings are more similar, more compression is achieved and more data are stored. If readings are very variable, then less compression is possible and less data can be stored, but the minimum number of readings is 15000. Typically is about 20000.
4. The clock drift is of 10 ppm at most.
5. The temperature resolution is of 0.1 ºC. Precision is of at least 0.15 ºC and accuracy is at least 0.2 ºC.
Refer to www.electricblue.eu for more information.