The complete Inland Navigation Rules for all US Inland waters and the Great Lakes is an indispensable reference app for boaters. It contains essential information for those navigating U.S. coastal waters, rivers, canals and lakes.
The inland waterways of the United States include more than 25,000 mi of navigable waters - and certain laws and regulations apply to users of these waters. This app gives quick, easy-to-view reference and is also a great learning tool.
With 100+ specially produced explanatory illustrations and captions. For all boaters.
Plus FREE bonus emergency procedures section.
************ FEATURES and BENEFITS *******************
- For quick reference, learning & revision
- Over 100 custom made graphics for instant reference and easy learning
- Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professionals for reliability
The complete Inland Navigation Rules for the United States including Parts A, B, C, D and E, plus Annexes, Interpretative Rules and other associated Navigation Regulations are all included in this app. See details below.
A bonus illustrated section includes emergency procedures for boaters to follow when in difficulty.
Anyone who is responsible for a vessel, from the smallest dinghy to an ocean going freighter, must be able to recognize other vessels around them by day or night, whatever the visibility. They need to be able to quickly interpret what other vessels are doing, who has right of way and what action they should take to prevent a possible collision. This is not always easy, especially along crowded rivers, narrow channels, in harbors or in poor visibility.
NAVIGATION RULES INLAND includes the fully illustrated Rules of the Road - great for quick reference and easy learning.
• Steering & Sailing Rules [ILLUSTRATED]
• Lights & Shapes [ILLUSTRATED]
• Sound & Light Signals [ILLUSTRATED]
NAVIGATION RULES INLAND also includes the complete detailed rules as follows:
* Annex I - Positioning and Technical Details of Lights and Shapes
* Annex II - Additional Signals for Fishing Vessels Fishing in Close Proximity
* Annex III - Technical Details of Sound Appliances
* Annex IV - Distress Signals [ILLUSTRATED]
* Annex V - Pilot Signals
* Interpretive Rules
* COLREGS DEMARCATION LINES - detailed information of the lines of jurisdiction that separate the Inland and International Rules, as indicated on National Ocean Service navigation charts
* Alternative Compliance
* Waters upon which Inland Rules apply
* Vessel Bridge to Bridge Radiotelephone Regulations
* Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) Call Signs, Designated Frequencies, and Monitoring Areas
* Penalty Provisions
************* FREE Bonus Content from "Safe Skipper" *************
Safety Afloat Tips & Advice on Emergency Procedures for all Sailors and Leisure Boaters.
* Safety information & practical tips
* Specially created custom graphics: illustrations, photos & diagrams
* Advice on emergency procedures
* Stay safe and prevent accidents happening
* Written & illustrated by a qualified & experienced yachtsman
Includes information on:
* Abandoning ship
* Distress signals
* Engine failure
* Fire fighting
* Getting a tow
* Helicopter rescue
* Holed hull
* MAYDAY procedures
* Medical emergency
* SAR signals
Special thanks to Captain Richard J. Rodriguez, U.S. Coast Guard licensed Master and Director of Operations at Zenith Maritime for his helpful advice and recommendations.